Author Topic: Favourite Puppy Toys?  (Read 2946 times)

sweetie

Favourite Puppy Toys?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2005, 08:24:30 PM »
teddy,s and more teddy,s here,they love them :D they too love the kongs

Offline PollyKay

• Site Member
Favourite Puppy Toys?
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2005, 08:42:51 PM »
Sidney's favourite is a baby toy that I got him from a bootsale.  It is a hard tube shape with a monkey's head, covered in soft material.  It has a teething ring at the front and makes a noise like a sheep when it's thrown about.  It's just the right size for him,but a bigger pup would probably destroy it in minutes.
He also has great fun with a 'kelly' (one of those baby toys that won't fall down, like a big weeble).
Polly (& Sidney the Cavalier)[/size]

Offline catwillow

• Site Member
    • http://www.lapislumina.co.uk/
Favourite Puppy Toys?
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2005, 08:52:52 PM »
Cuddly toys :D anything they can pull the stuffing out of and then pull apart after all its inside have gone  :rolleyes:  :lol:
Hugs n stuff

Sheri  XxX
Lilly, Murphy & Sally xxx

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Favourite Puppy Toys?
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2005, 08:54:23 PM »
I'm in the middle of tiling my kitchen at the moment, Lily just sits waiting for the empty boxes!  She also has a soft gorilla which she drags around with her like a blankie when she's tired, then plonks herself down, chews his ears then falls asleep!

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Favourite Puppy Toys?
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2005, 10:58:28 AM »
Alfies favourites are empty coke bottles :)

Also loves any soft toy he can destroy and pull the stuffing from and hes mad for balls.
Caroline and Alfie

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Favourite Puppy Toys?
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2005, 01:00:03 PM »
:) As pups my two both loved teddys and soft toys, like Sheri said, anything they could pull the stuffing out of !  :rolleyes:  :P

Their faves are still their teddies x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
Favourite Puppy Toys?
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2005, 04:15:51 PM »
Having read this my daughter is off in search of a teddy she can give Ruby when she comes home. I'm still a bit vague about what I am looking for Kong wise (sorry  :unsure: ) I mean what does it look like, can you put tit bits in all of them etc? We've had a dog previously and I've neve heard of them until now. It sounds like just the thing for when hubby goes to work until I come home which is only about 2 hours.

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Favourite Puppy Toys?
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2005, 06:24:05 PM »
Kongs

Hope that helps :)

Alfie has a red one - medium I think. When you first introduce them, dont pack them too tight as if they find the food too hard to get out they wont get the idea. As they become more experienced pack them tighter
Caroline and Alfie

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
Favourite Puppy Toys?
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2005, 08:26:28 PM »
Having read this my daughter is off in search of a teddy she can give Ruby when she comes home. I'm still a bit vague about what I am looking for Kong wise (sorry  :unsure: ) I mean what does it look like, can you put tit bits in all of them etc? We've had a dog previously and I've neve heard of them until now. It sounds like just the thing for when hubby goes to work until I come home which is only about 2 hours.
[snapback]108295[/snapback]

Karen,

you need the small puppy one, they are blue/white and are made of a softer rubber than the red one's. the rubber is also supposed to be made of teething material to help with pups teething. I bought the medium one yesterday but had to take it back and change it for the small today as the medium is too big in puppy size.

I think an adult cocker would have a medium red one but a puppy cocker needs a small blue one if that makes sense.

I've also bought one of those teddy things made using a tennis ball, I got the tiger, it's pretty cool actually B)

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
Favourite Puppy Toys?
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2005, 01:04:23 PM »
Bella's fave toy is probably her "iCube" - a cube made from textile which has 4 little squeaky balls inside - she has to get the balls out from the cube. The first time she managed to pull out one of the balls she was so excited. But she also just loves to carry it round with her, doesn't matter whether it is full or empty.

She also has a fluffy toy dog that she sleeps with (she will fall asleep in your lap with the dog in her mouth). And a kong with the inside smeared with peanut butter keeps her quiet when needed.

Outside she has an orange rubber ring which she will fetch endlessly (or this was true until she discovered the pond at the weekend - waded in up to her chest in amongst all the frogspawn - obviously just after she'd had a bath!). I hasten to add she is never left unsupervised in the garden so we always know if she is anywhere near the pond! Based on her reaction upon being in the pond (huge excitement, her tail did not stop wagging and she then got out and tore round and round it in mad puppy circles) she is going to be a big water lover!
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Offline taniac

• Site Member
Favourite Puppy Toys?
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2005, 02:24:50 PM »
Jovi likes a Nylabone, Neo was never bothered until Jovi showed an interest!  Jovi loves soft toys, always got one in his mouth too.

Kongs used to be a great way of keeping my two quiet whilst we went out, but can't give them now, as Jovi would take them all into his crate and guard them from Neo  :rolleyes:

A tug toy is a must, although hubby is a bit stupid and will play tug with any toy  :lol: I try and keep tug games to just the rope!

Neo's favourite puppy toy was a rubber ball (with a bell in) inside a hiking sock  :P

Both mine like an empty plastic bottle, and like to rip apart cardboard!!!
Tania
(Neo and Jovi's Mum)