Author Topic: RAW FEEDING SEMINAR - KENT - OCTOBER 2012  (Read 2784 times)

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
  • Today I’m going to be a b****r
Re: RAW FEEDING SEMINAR - KENT - OCTOBER 2012
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2012, 09:25:41 PM »
Thank you so much Kelly for organising today.

Wow, how informative was that? I am now so inspired to feed Rosie and Ebony a diet that is natural and sooo good for them, that I am going to review how we eat as well. The whole of today made me realise that we put so much faith in purely for profit organisations to feed our animals  :o  :o and that I didn't have a real understanding of what we put in the mouths of our dogs or ourselves. From today I am going to take charge of what I put into my girls and me and my OH. I will be cooking my meat though  :005:
Rosie Cassie Lucy Poppy and Holly My Angels at the Bridge

Offline Abbi

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 10:53:25 AM »
Thank you so much Kelly for organising today.

Wow, how informative was that? I am now so inspired to feed Rosie and Ebony a diet that is natural and sooo good for them, that I am going to review how we eat as well. The whole of today made me realise that we put so much faith in purely for profit organisations to feed our animals  :o  :o and that I didn't have a real understanding of what we put in the mouths of our dogs or ourselves. From today I am going to take charge of what I put into my girls and me and my OH. I will be cooking my meat though  :005:

I think that says it all. I came away thinking exactly the same. The seminar was amazing and so good to be able to chat with like minded people. I can't see how anyone would have come away thinking differently. Can't wait for the next one on vaccinations now!
Thanks so much for organizing it Kelly.

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2012, 11:06:11 AM »
Your more than welcome, so glad everyone enjoyed it and hopefully took something away from it
It was definitely packed full of information, just hope I can remember it all and decipher my notes  :huh:
I did speak with Nick about a vaccination lecture and we may be able to organise something for the beginning of next year, but I'll keep everyone updated on that
Hope to see you all again soon, it was good to put some faces to names  :blink:

Offline SandraD

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2012, 02:10:49 PM »
I would also like to thank you for organising this event Kelly, what a brilliant day!  Going to make a few phone calls on Monday and then Monty and I are going full steam ahead with raw :D

Would definitely be interested in the next seminar instalment Kelly and to anyone thinking of going to a talk given by Nick Thompson go for it - he was brilliant.

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2012, 09:19:30 PM »
ok guys, a couple of questions!!

FISH!!! - why did we have to give brewers yeast with it, and where do you get it from, couldn't find it in asda ph34r
LEAFY GREEN VEG !!! - broccolli and curly kale - I have been told recently both of these are bad - and the kale is poisonous ph34r
confused now!!, Nick said you would have to feed loads of broccolli over a long time to be bad :huh:

have just cut up a pumpkin, they like that raw :D, I have done the cauliflower, brocolli and carrot ready to add!!

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2012, 09:35:40 PM »

FISH!!! - why did we have to give brewers yeast with it, and where do you get it from, couldn't find it in asda ph34r
LEAFY GREEN VEG !!! - broccolli and curly kale - I have been told recently both of these are bad - and the kale is poisonous ph34r
confused now!!, Nick said you would have to feed loads of broccolli over a long time to be bad :huh:

have just cut up a pumpkin, they like that raw :D, I have done the cauliflower, brocolli and carrot ready to add!!

The brewers yeast contains Vitamin B, which he said helps get the most benefit from the fish which contains Vit D and the two vits work together (not sure how)....I have looked at Holland & Barrett and Ebay and there are lots of brewers yeast products available
Broccolli is only "bad" if fed in large quantities over a period of time as it can cause thyroid problems, not sure about the kale....I would stick to spinach, cabbage and broccolli occasionally if you're not sure
Hope this is of some help

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2012, 09:41:00 PM »

Re Brewers yeast I just wrote down, "raw fish add Brewers yeast"! no explanation. He preferred the min and vit supplement to brewers yeast as a general supplement but suggested 1/4 tsp ground ginger + 1/2 tsp BY + 1/2 clove of garlic for flea repellent. Holland and Barrett sell it.

For broccoli I believe he said they would have to eat alot over a long period for it to be dangerous, can't remember him mentioning kale. Do remember spinach, dandelion leaf and nettles and his favourite spirolina, but no idea where you get that from.

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2012, 09:44:10 PM »
Thanks to you both,
I did the same, just wrote down fish = brewers yeast - didn't write why either :005:
will have to have a trip to H&B me thinks!
I have ordered the mins and vits and the omega 3 (might try that myself for the headaches!)

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2012, 09:45:50 PM »
Told OH going to get him "All Man" min & vit supplement  :005:

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2012, 10:18:00 PM »
Glad the seminar went well - it was really informative and certainly gave me a lot to think about and consider.   Just wanted to mention this, not because I am doubting necessarily the good of the product, but just think people should be aware  ph34r  The Almost Human SuperDog Ultimate Nutrition supplement that was mentioned a lot during the seminar I went to, actually was developed with Nicks input....   Like I say, I'm sure its a good product, but I like to know all the facts when somethings being recommended to me. 
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Cobaltblue

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2012, 09:49:34 AM »

I wrote "when feeding fish include brewers yeast to absorb calcium" :dunno: and I think you can get dried brewers yeast from Boots or Holland and Barrett.  I also wrote "have all fish gutted before feeding".

Not sure about the broccoli and curly kale question.  Williams loves broccoli, but hates kale and spinach.

I've just received my first Honey's order .... so far, so good  :D  I had him weighed at the vets on Friday and he's 21.4kg ( :021: he is bigboned though ... not your show type at all).  Anyway, we're aiming for 19kgs before Christmas.