Author Topic: Puppy Kong  (Read 1221 times)

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
Puppy Kong
« on: April 06, 2005, 12:15:51 PM »
I've bought Bella a puppy kong but I'm having doubts about the size of it :unsure:

First of all I bought the medium one which looked about right, I looked for a size chart on the packet but couldn't see it (must be blind!), I realised when I got home that it did have a size chart and said that for a puppy cocker you need the small puppy kong (an adult cocker would have the medium red one) so.... I took it back and changed it for the small one but that one just seems too small?? :unsure:

I've just been reading a thread about kongs on dp and people were saying you're better off with one that's too big rather than too small so they can't swallow/choke on it.

On the packet it says it's very important to get the right size....

What size have you got/had?

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Puppy Kong
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 12:42:44 PM »
I was dithering about this when Molo was a pup  :rolleyes:

I visited the KONG website and discovered that if you have a breed for which they recommend a 'small' size - if you want to stuff it with treats, they advise moving up a size  :huh:

We have both sizes; the small lasted a few weeks of chasing, but then we decided it was too small, and used the medium puppy size. Now he has a medium red one...which is big enough to stuff and play with  :)

Not sure if this helps or not...... :unsure:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
Puppy Kong
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 02:28:27 PM »
as long as you don't think the small is too small to start with (when all is said and done she will only be 9 weeks old) we'll leave it as it is and buy her the next size up when we feel she gets too big for it.

Offline paulb

• Site Member
    • http://barney.moonfruit.com
Puppy Kong
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 04:06:33 PM »
:unsure: i bought barney a puppy kong, p@h only sell these as medium, i am now confused?????????? what do i do.

paul :unsure:
Barneys Website

With Best Wishes, Paulb, Evonne ,Ollie, Alice and of course the great Barney

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
Puppy Kong
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 06:34:41 PM »
not sure Paul.

I got mine from Jollys, in the little pull out guide thing is says small for a cocker pup but I'm not sure....

Offline Tracey J

• Site Member
Puppy Kong
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 09:35:25 PM »
Both of mine had the medium puppy one from 7 weeks old and progressed to the tougher red medium adult dog one.  I don't think the size of the puppy one really matters as long as you remove it from the pup as soon as it seems too small or starts to break up through over-zealous chewing :rolleyes:  :lol: .
Tracey, Molly &  little brother Brodie!