Author Topic: Hello everyone, help please! :)  (Read 2867 times)

Offline Arrow

Hello everyone, help please! :)
« on: November 14, 2018, 12:05:22 PM »
Hi there,

We got our Cocker (Arrow) 3 weeks ago on his 8 week birthday and I'm having some problems with play pen training.  He sleeps brilliantly in his crate (so far!) but if I need to put him in his play pen during the day (when someone is in the room with him) he really barks and howls loudly.  We ignore the barking and only go to him once he's quiet but it is an unbearable noise!  I would like him to be happy in there as even though I work from home, there are going to be times when I need to leave the house without him of course.  Any advice?  I'm not sure about going 'cold turkey' with him and leaving him to bark, party because I don't want him to be distressed but I also don't want to start a barking habit.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated :)

Clare

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Arrow

Re: Hello everyone, help please! :)
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 08:15:18 PM »
Thank you!!  I'll have a read now.  We have a kong and a treat ball but it really only keeps him occupied for a short time.  The trainer at puppy class today suggested a trachea- which is revolting but he seems to like it!

Thanks again :)