Author Topic: Confused with choice of food-please advise  (Read 5362 times)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Re: Confused with choice of food-please advise
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2007, 06:53:35 PM »
Hope Dave likes the Arden Grange - my adults are fed on it but the pup won't even look at it. We have tried Supadog, Pedigree Chum (complete and tins), butchers, winalot, pro-plan, burns, jwb, bakers, arden grange, royal canin, home cooked, tripe blocks, chappie and at best she will eat a mouthful or two. Am now trying her on hi life moist food and she has so far eaten half a sachet which is good for her!!
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline harleys mum

• Site Member
  • Harley & Rio....butter wouldn't melt!
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2007, 09:41:56 PM »
Harley was on Iams at the breeder and although she gave us some to bring home he went off it pretty quickly, our local pet shop suggested Hills science plan which again, he went off, another pet shop told us to look at the first ingredient and make sure it was meat so we swapped to nutro which was ok for a while, we are now on Royal Canin which I must say produces the least amount at the other end but Harley WILL NOT eat just dried food any more and we have to supplement with meat or fish....I blame my OH who is with him all day.....seems to think he prefers toast crusts best of all!!!
Lu

Offline spacefaer

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 11:53:48 AM »
While Sweep has the JWB, he does get rice and fish with it as well. My OH is a charter skipper so we have as much fish - usually coaley - as he/we can eat - well, we get the cod and mackeral, Sweep gets the coaley! If I give too much rice, he gets a bit compacted.  In the season, we have plenty of game too so he also gets any duck or game bits left over - but not much as he reacts very rapidly to a change in diet - particularly a rich one.....