Author Topic: Autarky Food  (Read 9143 times)

Cazzie

Autarky Food
« on: June 08, 2007, 09:39:59 PM »
Would like to hear from anyone who uses this food, how do you get on with it? The reason im asking is I have the chance of getting it and as states its a natural diet im naturally interetsed, its half the price of Burns which mine are on so in a bit of a dilema on should I change.  All info appreciated as if it is on par with burns then I will change.

Thanks

Offline pamela

• Site Member
Re: Autarky Food
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 09:52:09 PM »
Hi Cazzie
I switched Ben to Auturky a few weeks ago and he is doing great on it. He had a small patch on his back that had dry skin, almost like dandruff, and it cleared up within days on this food  :D
His coat certainly seems better and he seems to like it, hard to tell sometimes as he is not very food orientated. It certainly is much cheaper and easy to get, I pick mine up in Tesco with my shopping.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 10:01:03 PM »
Well Tilly's on Autarky, has been since I got her last year and you've seen her  :D  She enjoys it and does really well on it, teeth are sparkly, coat is great (now that I've got rid of the fuzz  :005:) and poos are good. It's excellent quality and I'd definitely recommend it.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 10:31:25 PM »
Cazzie if you have a Costco near to you join it.  A huge bag costs £10.99 with no VAT, a bargain in anyones books !

Cazzie

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 10:35:56 PM »
Cazzie if you have a Costco near to you join it.  A huge bag costs £10.99 with no VAT, a bargain in anyones books !

Mum and dad go there. I know its £18 in the local country store, so thanks for that tip  :blink:

Offline Shelley

• Site Member
  • Melody, Abi, Tia
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 10:37:29 PM »
Can I ask, as I have never seen Autarky, is it one of those muesli looking foods or a kibble?

Tia, Melody and Abi

RAW FED, CHEMICAL FREE DOGS!

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 11:06:39 PM »
I get mine in Costco as well, £10.99 for a 15kg bag is a real bargain  :shades:  I was there last week and bought 2 bags which haven't been opened yet so Cazzie if you want me to bring one this weekend for you to try let me know.

Shelley, it's a kibble type food, not a muesli. It looks a bit like Burns only it smells a bit more appetising (I found Burns very bland smelling when Alfie was on it).

Cazzie

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 11:08:04 PM »
I get mine in Costco as well, £10.99 for a 15kg bag is a real bargain  :shades:  I was there last week and bought 2 bags which haven't been opened yet so Cazzie if you want me to bring one this weekend for you to try let me know.

Shelley, it's a kibble type food, not a muesli. It looks a bit like Burns only it smells a bit more appetising (I found Burns very bland smelling when Alfie was on it).

Thats kind nicola but CT can get it, the only concern I have with it is its made by goldline and Im not a fan of their bog standard food  :-\

Offline Shelley

• Site Member
  • Melody, Abi, Tia
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 11:23:28 PM »

Thanks for that, I may well look into buying some and see how mine do on it now I know BUAV are not happy with Royal Canin ph34r

Tia, Melody and Abi

RAW FED, CHEMICAL FREE DOGS!

Offline debz

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 11:28:08 PM »
hi nicola  ;) how do you rate this food compared to burns ?
debsx

Cazzie

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 11:30:23 PM »
debsx

Thats what I really want to know  :blink:

Offline debz

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 11:32:30 PM »
thomas is a fussy git too which makes changing foods even harder ::)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 11:34:05 PM »
debsx

For me - and this is purely my opinion from my experience of feeding both - it is much better. Alfie was on Burns for a while as a puppy and he lost a quite alarming amount of weight on it. I also thought it was very bland looking with no 'meaty' smell. I know that it has had this effect on other dogs as well BUT at the same time I also know others who do brilliantly on it so it's really down to individual dogs and owners  ;) The other dry foods which I would use if I couldn't get Autarky would be Chudley's Working Crunch or Arden Grange Prestige.

Offline debz

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 11:36:49 PM »
i'm usin skinners at the moment but he has pasta and tuna too :luv: spoilt fussy monster :lol:

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2007, 12:09:08 AM »
Jasper is a real fussy eater but I started using Autarky a few months ago and he tucks in far better than he ever did with Burns JWB and the like.  Primarily I do raw meat but like to mix some kibble partly in case of emergency or hols etc. 

Both boys seem to well suited to this mix.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie