Author Topic: Autarky Food  (Read 9140 times)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Re: Autarky Food
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 07:59:54 AM »
Any suggestions on where I can get it? I can't order direct as they won't deliver to me here  ::).......but I may have to switch from BARF (sourcing problems), and this sounds like an alternative  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 08:25:37 AM »
My 2 are on Autarky & they love it.  I do have to stand over Dillon whilst he eats because he's easily distracted (he's the same whatever I feed him) & if Nelly's finished hers, she will then eat his if I don't watch. 

I used to mix a bit of tinned meat or sardines in with it but I've stopped that now & their poos are much more solid than they were when they had meat (sorry if that's too much information  :005:)

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2007, 08:32:59 AM »
My doggies are on this, and i'm happier with it than any other food they've had.

Lucy has a really sensitive stomach, and allergies, and flaky skin, but on autarky it's all perfect. :D

Jarvis is a bit of a dustbin and would eat anything, but his poops are much firmer on Autarky than they've been on anyything else. (He was fed royal canin when i got him, then changed to JWB)

I agree with Nicola that it does smell very meaty. They both get really excited when the bowl gets filled up too. :D
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Cazzie

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2007, 08:35:24 AM »
Any suggestions on where I can get it? I can't order direct as they won't deliver to me here  ::).......but I may have to switch from BARF (sourcing problems), and this sounds like an alternative  ;)

I could send it to you, not sure what it would cost though, let me know  :blink:

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2007, 08:59:18 AM »
We havent got any yet but are seriously considering changing.  The only question that I have is that the one in Costco says for working dogs - where as Blue is a show type cocker - would this be a problem ??

Rachel to send a 15kg bag by Royal Mail would cost £13 ish

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2007, 09:11:22 AM »
Rachel - I expect you've already found this link but don't know if it throws up a supplier near you
http://www.autarky-foods.com/stockists.htm

plus looks like they do mail order

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2007, 09:22:25 AM »
We havent got any yet but are seriously considering changing.  The only question that I have is that the one in Costco says for working dogs - where as Blue is a show type cocker - would this be a problem ??

Jarvis is a show cocker, and not a hugely active one either, he has about an hour off lead running a day, and he's doing great on autarky. So it's not just for working dogs. ;)
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2007, 09:28:59 AM »
I've tried my girls on Autarky and they loved it too, I get mine from Jollyes petstore, they have all the different varieties.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2007, 12:06:58 PM »
Rachel - I expect you've already found this link but don't know if it throws up a supplier near you

Thanks - I hadn't found the list  ph34r
Sadly, there are no Isle of Wight stockists listed, and they won't mail order to me  ::)

We do have a Jolleys and a few small pet stores, so I might look anyway  :shades:
Oldies Club

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2007, 02:39:45 PM »

Sadly, there are no Isle of Wight stockists listed, and they won't mail order to me  ::)

We do have a Jolleys and a few small pet stores, so I might look anyway  :shades:

Have you friend or relative on mainland you could get delivery to and collect from there?

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2007, 02:52:58 PM »
Rachel is there a Costco near to you on the mainland which you could go to and stock up? Or failing that Jolleys should be able to order it for you. I know that the Jolleys near my Mum and Stepdad's in NI stocks it, I saw it the last time I was at home.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2007, 06:51:24 PM »

Have you friend or relative on mainland you could get delivery to and collect from there?

:-\ I'm almost sure I've seen it in Tesco Rachel, do you have a branch on the island ?
 might be worth a phone call to them if you have   :huh:

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2007, 06:53:44 PM »
I'm going to visit Jolleys, Tesco's etc in the next few weeks to see if they have it, just in case I need to swap  :-\

We rarely (once or twice a year) take the car off island, so stocking up when I am there might be a bit impractical  :005:
Oldies Club

Offline biscuit

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2007, 11:27:00 PM »
I'm really interested in all these comments on Autarky food as I have dismissed it in the past as it seemed so much cheaper, I put it into the same category as that colourful cheap stuff that I cant remember the name of !  I have seen Autarky in Tesco.    I saw what I thought was Autarky today at a Dog Show but it was called Gusto - is this the same company - it was £5 for a large bag.   I have been on their web site and asked for a free sample. Molly is on Wafcol Salmon and Potato (for Skin probs) but  it is getting a bit expensive 15kg £40 + and can't seem to get it at many places.

Lynne
mollypooch

Offline Shelley

• Site Member
  • Melody, Abi, Tia
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2007, 12:30:16 AM »
I was in Dolittles, a pet shop near me today, and they had a BOGOFF offer on Autarky.... So I got two sacks for £17.99, bloomin good considering what I pay for Royal Canin!

I threw a handful of the food on the patio to see what the dogs thought, well they ran around and hoovered it up, so they seem to like it ;)

edited as I meant to say, I have seen it in my local Tesco, but only the puppy/junior one, not the adult.

Tia, Melody and Abi

RAW FED, CHEMICAL FREE DOGS!