Author Topic: Just ordered some Orijen...  (Read 15630 times)

Offline Beth

• Site Member
Just ordered some Orijen...
« on: June 24, 2008, 06:32:17 PM »
We're running low on Jarvis' autarky, and i've been considering changing for a while, as he's dandruffy and has anal gland problems. Hopefully it should be here in a few days, so will update as to how we get on. :D

(I bet the little toerag doesn't appreciate it either. ::))
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
Re: Just ordered some Orijen...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 01:12:04 PM »
Orijen is excellent food.
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk

Offline JenSam

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 01:15:29 PM »
Keep us updated on this Beth, as Sam has anal gland problems it would be good to know if it helps.
Dogs are natural optimists and believe if they stare hard enough and long enough, the icing on the cake could be theirs.

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 03:36:31 PM »
I keep going back to look at this but put off not being able to pop into a store to get  :-\

Would be very interested to know how you get on with it.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 10:20:14 PM »
I keep going back to look at this but put off not being able to pop into a store to get  :-\

Would be very interested to know how you get on with it.

Me too....keep us informed Beth  ;)

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 10:13:33 AM »
I will keep you all up to date. :D I'm really excited about getting it. :embarassed: ::)

I was a bit concerned about the potential supply issues, but i figure it's more compatible to mix with barf than most kibbles, so if i run low before a delivery is due, i can always feed some barf meals.

I will also continue to add his bone meal to the food, so he should hopefully be getting barf-ish levels of meat/bone/veg, along with hard poops for those stinky glands. :005:

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 12:46:27 PM »

Im just so impatient.....i went and ordered some  ph34r...where did you order yours from Beth :huh:...i got mine from zooplus as they had 10% for new customers so took advantage of that  ;)

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 01:46:33 PM »
i think zooplus is the only place that sells it? :huh: I took advantage of the too, ordered a new clipper blade at the same time. :005:

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 01:50:07 PM »
Just reading from the Orijen website, looks like a really good food - and surprisingly not that expensive.  :D

REUBY DOOO!

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 02:15:51 PM »

It not that much different to what i pay now for a 2 kilo bag of burns and the orijen bags are 2.5kilos...i also read you feed less of it so should work out about the same  :-\...i got it mostly for Biba as although i love barf she still isnt losing any weight and really is permantly hungry...she gets up at 6am for her brekkie and this from a dog who didnt rise before 10am ...she doesnt even go for a wee...just has her brekkie and goes back to bed  :huh: ..i have noticed a drop in her energy levels too and her coats looking a bit dry and flaky...i just dont think it is meeting her needs her at the minute  ::) so will give this a try ;)

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 03:49:43 PM »

It not that much different to what i pay now for a 2 kilo bag of burns and the orijen bags are 2.5kilos...i also read you feed less of it so should work out about the same  :-\...i got it mostly for Biba as although i love barf she still isnt losing any weight and really is permantly hungry...she gets up at 6am for her brekkie and this from a dog who didnt rise before 10am ...she doesnt even go for a wee...just has her brekkie and goes back to bed  :huh: ..i have noticed a drop in her energy levels too and her coats looking a bit dry and flaky...i just dont think it is meeting her needs her at the minute  ::) so will give this a try ;)

Aww bless her and her grumbly tummy!  :luv:

REUBY DOOO!

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 05:27:23 PM »
I've gone mad and ordered a bag as I'm nearly out of food, will be interesting to see how long it takes to arrive

This is their recommended feed proportions in grams per day

Weight of Dog   Active Dog      Less Active Dog
1 - 10 kg         75 - 150             55 - 115
10 - 20 kg      150 - 275           115 - 200
20 - 35 kg      275 - 375           200 - 275
35 - 50 kg      375 - 500           275 - 400
50 - 65 kg      500 - 575           400 - 525
65 - 80 kg      575 - 675           525 - 690

As each dog is different, feeding requirements vary with size, environment, age and activity. Monitor your dog's weight and adjust rations as needed. Feed twice daily and always keep fresh, clean water available.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008, 06:08:34 PM »

I couldnt see the delivery times on zooplus site  :huh: so will have to just wait and see
ill have to go between the 1-10kg with biba as thats the weight i would like her to be..10kg not 1kg  :005:
really pining my hopes on this one as the vet as mentioned her weight again and tried to sell me Hills  ::) plus i want my little pocket rocket back  ;)

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2008, 06:16:11 PM »

I couldnt see the delivery times on zooplus site  :huh: so will have to just wait and see
ill have to go between the 1-10kg with biba as thats the weight i would like her to be..10kg not 1kg  :005:
really pining my hopes on this one as the vet as mentioned her weight again and tried to sell me Hills  ::) plus i want my little pocket rocket back  ;)

Fingers crossed it'll help her. :D

I've worked Jarvis out at having 200g a day, which means one large bag should last 9.5 weeks! :o :shades: he's gonna be horrified at the portion size though. ph34r :lol2:

I don't know about delivery times, mine was apparently dispatched at 6pm last night, after ordering wednesday i think.

Offline Slave of Baxter

• Site Member
  • Baxter A.K.A. 'Bimble-bottom'
    • Dreamweezle Ferret & Small Animal Bedding
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 02:46:21 PM »

I ordered some Orijen recently... it only took 2-3 days to arrive.  :D
Jo
Owned by Baxter & Dillon living in Warwickshire