Author Topic: Just ordered some Orijen...  (Read 15624 times)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: Just ordered some Orijen...
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2008, 08:56:37 AM »
Presumably the high protein and based on the survey, Orijen won't be suitable for Heidi at 8 months old? I've only bought the adult at the moment

What do you think?

Jenny I think (my opinion) that only you will know whether to try something or not - and if you try and it suits your dog then great if not then you have to look for something else  :shades: Sorry that's not much help really is it  ph34r

(Also my opinion) - people who feed BARF are feeding a high protein, altho they also (I think) add in veggies as well to get the other nutrients

Cazzie

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2008, 09:26:21 AM »
And there we have a whole new topic "Feeding dogs veg" apparantly they cant digest it properly and dont need it  :-\  :lol2: Note to self stop reading  :lol2:

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2008, 09:40:24 AM »
Why is it the more you read and learn the more confusing something gets?  ph34r

REUBY DOOO!

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2008, 11:15:02 AM »

Ive put Lola on it Jenny..although she is 10 months  :huh:..she has been on adult food for a while and from what i have read it seems to be large breed dogs (pups) that have more problems if on a high protein diet...but has tiamaria said the more you read the more confusing it gets  :-\
also agree with cazza that i think a BARF diet is high in protein ...my vet told me that high protein is not bad for them as long as it is good quality protein  :huh:...but only you know what is best for Heidi  ;)
Have to say it went down a storm with my 2 and i did notice Lolas poos were a lot smaller this morning  ph34r ...even on burns she was doing a large quantity for a little dog  ph34r  ::)

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2008, 11:43:13 AM »

Ive put Lola on it Jenny..although she is 10 months  :huh:..she has been on adult food for a while and from what i have read it seems to be large breed dogs (pups) that have more problems if on a high protein diet...but has tiamaria said the more you read the more confusing it gets  :-\
also agree with cazza that i think a BARF diet is high in protein ...my vet told me that high protein is not bad for them as long as it is good quality protein  :huh:...but only you know what is best for Heidi  ;)
Have to say it went down a storm with my 2 and i did notice Lolas poos were a lot smaller this morning  ph34r ...even on burns she was doing a large quantity for a little dog  ph34r  ::)

A lot of head scratching going on!  :005: The AG puppy says high in protein. Royal canine puppy doesnt have a good recommendation either, which is what the puppy will come to me fed on. I suppose both foods are better than what i started feeding Charley on *Bakers* and i thought i was doing good!  ::) so i feel either food will be better.

REUBY DOOO!

Offline Kimberley

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2008, 10:33:06 PM »
I think with all foods you just have to run with it, its like us humans what one person can eat, another can't, trial and error really. We have foods we can't tolerate and I think our dogs are the same.

Coco was OK on burns to start off with, then he constantly had an upset tummy, so I put him of AG at first he was OK, but then I had a similar problem, so he's being barf feed and so far so good.

Kim is owned by Coco, Breeze the Cockers and Charlie the (failed foster)Cavi

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2008, 10:41:09 PM »
Going to run with it for a while, my order has apparently been despatched so hopefully will get it in the next day or two.  :D

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2008, 10:58:37 PM »
I think with all foods you just have to run with it, its like us humans what one person can eat, another can't, trial and error really. We have foods we can't tolerate and I think our dogs are the same.

agree with you here - every human and every dog can tolerate different foods  :D

Good luck to all trying Orijen - I'll be really interested on how each dog gets on with it  :D

Offline MollyR

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2008, 11:28:05 AM »
Hi

I get Orijen for all my dogs - worked wonders for my overweight girl.

I'm so glad I came accross it

Get mine from catanddogtreats.co.uk

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2008, 11:48:52 AM »

Had a look at catanddogtreats.co.uk ...orijen is quite a bit on there than zooplus...theres about £3.00 difference in the 2.5kg bag   :huh:
Might be worth looking at zooplus MollyR  ;)

Offline MollieMoo

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2008, 11:55:06 AM »
Hi

I get Orijen for all my dogs - worked wonders for my overweight girl.

I'm so glad I came accross it

Get mine from catanddogtreats.co.uk

I am hoping it will help my Daisy loose a bit of weight too, has your girl lost much weight by using Orijen?
Kate, Fudge (Orange Roan 11 years)

Mollie (RIP 19/11/20 aged 15 1/2 years old)
Daisy (RIP 14/02/19)

Offline MollyR

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2008, 12:11:39 PM »
She has lost 3 kg - very overweight after her 2nd litter and then being spayed. Now she is much more active and back to her old self.

Offline MollyR

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2008, 12:19:11 PM »
Forgot to say - they didn't have the size I wanted at Zoo Plus and I often have to wait for delivery. My local petshop is going to stock soon so that will make life easier!!

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2008, 12:39:00 PM »
She has lost 3 kg - very overweight after her 2nd litter and then being spayed. Now she is much more active and back to her old self.

Im hoping it will do something for Biba as she needs to lose about a kilo and everything else i have tried has failed  :huh:

Forgot to say - they didn't have the size I wanted at Zoo Plus and I often have to wait for delivery. My local petshop is going to stock soon so that will make life easier!!

Im also going to ask my local petshop if they would consider stocking it as they sell burns/arden grange and all the other decent ones...would make life a lot easier if they did  ;)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2008, 01:22:16 PM »

That is impressive, hope it does the same for Jasper, its taken forver to get 1kg off him

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie