Author Topic: Just ordered some Orijen...  (Read 15699 times)

Offline Beth

• Site Member
Re: Just ordered some Orijen...
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2008, 01:57:31 PM »
Well, so far it's thumbs up for orijen, he's had two days of orijen on it's own, and has, for the first time in his life on kibble, had HARD poos! :D they actually made a "ding" noise in the poo bin. :shades: :lol2:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2008, 02:33:15 PM »
Will be interested to see how others get on with this.   Indie has been on Burns and has lost weight - now down to 7.85 kg and she should be growing.   Not sure if this the food or just her  :-\

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2008, 02:39:53 PM »
Well, so far it's thumbs up for orijen, he's had two days of orijen on it's own, and has, for the first time in his life on kibble, had HARD poos! :D they actually made a "ding" noise in the poo bin. :shades: :lol2:

too much info there!! :005: :005: :005:
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2008, 02:41:38 PM »
Mine went mad went it was delivered yesterday, mind you they loved the smell of the dried sprats I ordered to and are now stinking out the garage  :o

Think they liked the box it came in too http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i180/jaspersmum/Jaspersmum2/P1010014a.jpg

We deliberately used Burns to help Jasper loose weight - just going to check out the poos a bit more  :005:

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2008, 05:07:35 PM »

Its going down really well here  :D..they both love it...now for the poo news   ph34r  :005: we had a couple of days of sloppy poos due to change over but expected that.and Bibas eyes were quite runny for 2 days but that has now stopped....poo amounts have reduced by half...the amount of times they go a day has reduced...they dont smell...Lolas did smell quite strong on burns...and they are easier to pick up...found with Lola on burns she was quite sloppy...so far thumbs up...weight wise we will have to see...took Biba to be weighed just before we started on the new food so have some idea where we are starting from...she is only on 50 grm a day for her brekkie with a chicken wing for tea so if she doesnt lose any on that amount i give up...she can stay a tubbster  ::)  :005:

Offline MollieMoo

• Site Member
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2008, 06:23:33 PM »
Took delivery of my Orijen on Friday afternoon, but have been away to the Welsh coast for the weekend, so haven't had chance to look at it yet.  Still got some burns to use up so will start changing them over soon :D

Glad to hear to positive reports coming back from the rest of you.  What amount of grams are you all feeding your lot - just to get an idea ;)
Kate, Fudge (Orange Roan 11 years)

Mollie (RIP 19/11/20 aged 15 1/2 years old)
Daisy (RIP 14/02/19)

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2008, 06:36:55 PM »
Jarvis (15kg big boy) gets 200g at the moment, but i'll adjust up or down over the next few weeks depending on his figure. :005:

Offline Beth

• Site Member
So far so good. :D

Jarvis has lost weight around his ribs and waist, but has actually put on muscle, despite his exercise staying the same. :shades: The only bad thing i have noticed is he's been a bit naughtier than usual ph34r but i'm hoping that's a reaction to extra visitors and being left a little more than usual over Indie's birthday celebrations, as opposed to a reaction to the protein levels. :-\ Either way i'd prefer to have a fit thief than a lazy good boy. :005:

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2008, 02:19:42 PM »
Jasper also seems to have more energy and naughty exploits.  Nice to see him with mischief in his eyes, he's also more playful with Heidi which gives Lou a break  ph34r

Very pleased so far and will be getting another bag.

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2008, 07:20:47 PM »

Bibas energy levels have gone up  :D but no weight loss  :-\ although she was on part barf so have put her fully on Orijen to see if its the chicken wings that are the problem  :huh: ...am a bit concerned about her colitis flaring up without raw but for the past week we havnt had a mucus poo on just the kibble  ph34r ...so fingers crossed....she must surely have to lose weight at some point as she is only on 80grm a day of orijen  :huh:.....just want to ask how you are measuring yours  :huh:...cup ...scales or guess work  ;)

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2008, 07:24:01 PM »
i weighed 200g out, then put it in a measuring cup and marked where it went up to. Poor Biba, only 80g! :o

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2008, 07:35:21 PM »

Thanks beth  ;)...i have been using a burns measuring cup but have been going by the mini bite line as i think the size of the Orijen kibble is more like the burns mini bites...might invest in some decent scales just to make sure i giving the right amount  :huh:...its not put me off it though as they both love it...have just ordered a larger bag it works out alot cheaper the bigger you go....only ordered a 2.5kg before as i wasnt sure how it would go down  :huh:
Still finding poos are smaller ..firmer..and a lot less smelly than when they were on burns  ph34r..the topic always returns to poo  ::)  :005:

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2008, 07:47:13 PM »
Have you not got a neighbour who's scales you could pinch? It could be that the kibble is heavier than the burns. :huh:

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2008, 08:07:54 PM »
i weighed 200g out, then put it in a measuring cup and marked where it went up to. Poor Biba, only 80g! :o

ditto  ;)

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2008, 08:19:46 PM »

I agree it is more dense so must weigh more...burns is quite light in comparison  :-\....OMG that why she hasnt lost any weight :005:...i have some scales but they are c@@p...£2.00 job from asda  ::) so not going to be the most accurate...would help if  they sent a measuring cup with it... the 3/4 of a cup measurement printed on the packet is no good as everyones cups are different sizes  ::)....just my luck to find out i have been overfeeding her  ::)

Edited : how stooopid am i  ph34r....i will hang my head in shame  ::)...just borrowed my neighbours scales and OMG i have been overfeeding her  :o...no wonder she hasnt lost any...really surprised she hasnt gained any ...when we took her last week she was the same weight so what i have been feeding her maintains her weight but isnt helping her to lose any......right thats it im not logging on COL for a week or until i have got over the shame  ph34r  :005: