Author Topic: Just ordered some Orijen...  (Read 15698 times)

Offline Beth

• Site Member
Re: Just ordered some Orijen...
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2008, 08:28:52 PM »
 :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Bless her, i bet she's been really chuffed with her nice full belly! :shades: :005:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2008, 08:33:31 PM »

Shes in for a shock tomorrow then  :005:

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2008, 12:07:02 AM »
Just checked Jaspers weight when he went to bed, he was about 19.8 (to 20) kg, now he is 18.4kg and as I said before, a lot more energy which should bring it down more yet.  :D

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2008, 12:51:36 PM »
Just had an email stating that Orijen at Zooplus will increase in price on 1st August.  Can't see what it is going too but could be worth ordering a bag if you are nearly running out  :D

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2008, 03:58:03 PM »
Just checked Jaspers weight when he went to bed, he was about 19.8 (to 20) kg, now he is 18.4kg and as I said before, a lot more energy which should bring it down more yet.  :D

Thats a good weight loss jenny  :D...now i have Biba on the correct amount  ::)  ph34r ...will keep you informed....i have also had that email...but ordered a large bag on monday  ;)..i also couldnt see what the price increase will be  :huh:

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2008, 07:26:51 PM »

WOOOO-OOOO....after putting Biba on the correct amount (100grm a day) i have just been to weigh her and she has lost 1/4kg (250grm)  :shades:..i am very impressed with it as i have been trying for 6 months to get her weight down by various other foods and it just wouldnt budge from the 11.70 kg mark  ::)  but she has lost 1/4kg in 5 days...i have also got my little pocket rocket back.....she really is like a different dog and isnt plodding about on her walks anymore  :D ....also still havnt had a mucus covered poo  ph34r...i am so pleased i have found something that suits her and they are both still loving it  ;)

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2008, 07:38:56 PM »

WOOOO-OOOO....after putting Biba on the correct amount (100grm a day) i have just been to weigh her and she has lost 1/4kg (250grm)  :shades:..i am very impressed with it as i have been trying for 6 months to get her weight down by various other foods and it just wouldnt budge from the 11.70 kg mark  ::)  but she has lost 1/4kg in 5 days...i have also got my little pocket rocket back.....she really is like a different dog and isnt plodding about on her walks anymore  :D ....also still havnt had a mucus covered poo  ph34r...i am so pleased i have found something that suits her and they are both still loving it  ;)

I'm really glad that you have found something that works for her.

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2008, 07:54:06 PM »

yay!! :D :D :D What a result. :shades:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2008, 09:05:38 PM »

Jasper has continued to loose too, and just like Biba, he is back to mischief and running on his walks which will in turn help with more weight lose.

On the other hand his coat is lovely and there does not seem to be any other effect on poos etc.  Although I think it's affecting his hearing, definately got more selective lately  ::)

Just ordered another bag and emailed to ask what price it is going to.

Offline MollieMoo

• Site Member
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2008, 09:12:16 PM »
I'm glad to hear all you dogs are doing well on the Orijen, and loosing a few kilos too.  I am still trying to finish off the Burns I have left with a little Orijen mixed in, so hopefully by next week they should be on it 100%, and I will be watching them to see if the weight drops off Daisy and to be honest I don't need Mollie to be any more hyper (she is part working and is busy busy busy all day as it is :lol2:), so it could be interesting.

JaspersMum & Bibathediva - how much are you giving yours daily?  I know it varies from dog to dog, but it would be interesting to know, so I could compare. ;)
Kate, Fudge (Orange Roan 11 years)

Mollie (RIP 19/11/20 aged 15 1/2 years old)
Daisy (RIP 14/02/19)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2008, 09:24:01 PM »
Louie (aged 2) is 1/4 worker and high energy too but he's holding his weight at 14.8kg, Jasper (aged 3) has dropped to 18.2kg from close to 20kg.  They are both big cockers anyway. They are having about 100g of Orijen a day and comparative same amount of Robbies in their other feed.

I would conclude that the 100g is about right for Louie's weight build etc but enough to reduce weight on a heavier dog.  Jaspers energy has increased, Louie is about the same.

Heidi is also gaining weight and doing well on a similar amount and is now 9.4kg at 9 months

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2008, 10:14:16 PM »

Biba is on a 100grm a day split over 2 meals with a teaspoon of wet food mixed in..doesnt look a lot when in the bowl  :embarassed:...she was 11.70kg in weight now down to 11.45kg(only another kilo to go  ::) )
Lola is on 150grm a day..split again with teaspoon of wet food added...she is 11.55 kg but is a bigger dog(although she is the youngest)with a higher energy level (busy,busy dog )so i am happy with her weight although will keep an eye on it as i wouldnt want her to lose any  ;)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2008, 12:45:52 PM »
Had an email back from Zooplus, prices are to increse as follows

Thank you for your e-mail.  In order to prevent having to increase prices on Orijen again soon, with the August 1st increase,  prices will increase up to £4 or £5 on the large 13.5kg bags, depending on the variety.

We apologize for this price jump and thank you very much for your understanding.

Best regards,
Your zooplus Service

Having just called into the pet shop for some treats, they said Burns have hiked their prices again and another increase expected in September!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2008, 10:14:05 PM »
Having just called into the pet shop for some treats, they said Burns have hiked their prices again and another increase expected in September!

Yeah that's right - new prices are also on their online shop, stating the price of rice, and transport (knew they would blame the petrol hykes somehow!!) amongst the reasons for increase  >:D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2008, 07:49:42 PM »
Will be interested to see how others get on with this.   Indie has been on Burns and has lost weight - now down to 7.85 kg and she should be growing.   Not sure if this the food or just her  :-\

I ordered Orijen after reading this thread and Indie has been on it for 3 weeks.   Hurray, finally found a food that suits - she loves it and her coat is so shiny and healthy even though it wasn't bad before and she has gone upto 8.5kg in 3 weeks.   She lost weight on Burns which was quite a worry as she was supposed to still be growing.  Thumbs up for this food :D