Author Topic: Should I change his food???  (Read 727 times)

Offline Worthy

• Site Member
Should I change his food???
« on: July 23, 2008, 04:38:09 PM »
 ;) Hi just a quick question Re Arden Grange food, I initially had Kasper on JWBL and although he enjoyed the puppy variety when we changed to Adult he really did not seem to enjoy his food. I tried Berrimans which was good but he became really stinky and his feces was really solid. We decided to try Wafcol Salmon and Potato about six months ago and he really enjoys his food now, my only concern is that he does open his bowels four or five times a day and this had led me to question why there is so much wastage (so to speak :huh:).

I was thinking of weaning him over onto Arden Grange before I come to the end of the bag of Wafcol that I have got, am I being silly taking him off a food his obviously enjoys. I have not really heard anyone raving about the quality good or bad in regards to the Wafcol brand the packaging suggested that it is hypoallergenic/additive free etc and I have heard it is sometimes good for dogs with sensitive tummys/colitis (Kasper has neither). Just wanted a genuine consensus of opinion as I am conscious of what I am feeding.

Thanks any advise will be much appreciated :D

Offline biscuit

• Site Member
Re: Should I change his food???
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 08:55:29 PM »
I feed Wafcol.  Found its OK for Molly, she has sensitive tum.  Took her off the salmon and potato as she had very, very smelly breath.  She does poop 3 or 4 times a day though.  :o  Think shes on the chicken and corn at the moment.   

Had thought about changing her onto to Harringtons or  PAH Wainwrights, purely because Wafcol seems to be hard to get.

Lynne
mollypooch

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Re: Should I change his food???
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 09:34:09 PM »
  my only concern is that he does open his bowels four or five times a day and this had led me to question why there is so much wastage (so to speak :huh:).

I have the exact same dilema with Billy and he currently  IS on Arden grange so you may have the same issues even if you move him onto AG