Author Topic: royal canin measurement help  (Read 9754 times)

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
royal canin measurement help
« on: August 23, 2008, 11:43:44 AM »
The cup says between 150g and 195g for a  month old dog, but it seems an awful lot! Am i reading it wrong?

REUBY DOOO!

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
Re: royal canin measurement help
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 11:53:18 AM »
The cup says between 150g and 195g for a ? month old dog, but it seems an awful lot! Am i reading it wrong?

think you've missed out the number of months in there!

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 12:01:22 PM »
 :005: 2 month old! Surely thats too much?

REUBY DOOO!

Offline doughy

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 12:05:19 PM »
I thought that ! it does seem alot !

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 12:05:54 PM »
if thats what the packet says then go with it! Double check thatyou are looking at guide for current weight or adult weight, sometimes it varies....

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 12:11:56 PM »
its royal canin medium junior

adult body weight 11kg - 150g per 24hrs
adult body weight 15kg - 195g per 24hrs

so is it between them two? If it is, hes gonna be eating more than me  :005:

REUBY DOOO!

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 12:14:35 PM »
Is there a puppy version as opposed to junior? Or is that the guideline amounts for an 8week old pup with adult weight around 13kg?

Edited: just checked RC website and yep you're right about amounts. I dont think thats excessive for a pup that age. In fact I used to feed a lot more than the recommended amount when Arwen was younger.

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 01:02:26 PM »
Mind you, the kibble is rather small!

Thanks joanne!  :D

REUBY DOOO!

Offline Angels of Fur

• Alfie and Honey
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 05:45:49 PM »
Have you got a measuring cup to go with your royal canin?? i use the cup and its about 1 cup and a 1/4 (summat like that) per 24hrs. When you put it in the bowls its doesnt seem that much, its small kibble yes, and its very high in calories.

mine thrive on Royal Canin medium junior.
My life is now complete.......cockers are my life

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 06:28:59 PM »
That is the correct amount of food for a 8 week old pup.  Jazmin is 12 weeks and is now on 225g of food per day split into 3 meals, she doesn't always eat it all, but I would rather offer her a bit more and know she has had enough than not enough and worry she is hungry.  I have taken her adult weight as about 13kg, gauging her by her mum, dad and my other 2.   ;)

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 08:38:41 PM »
Good grief no wonder Charlie is starving he has 150gms of Royal Canin per day but the obesity one  ph34r 
I would add that it was on the vets advice

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 09:29:43 AM »
Well iv measured out 195 in the cup for today, i must say i dont think he'l eat it all as he has a scrambled egg in the morning, but at least il know what he is eating.  :D

REUBY DOOO!

Offline VickyG

• Holly & Henry - Double trouble!!
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 02:34:07 PM »
I was unsure about this amount to at first it seems loads, and to be honest he's not eating that much maybe because he's only been here 3 days and there is too much to explore  ph34r
I fill out the full cup full in the morning and he's managing abut 3/4 of it by bed time, but have read that for the first few days they may go off their food.
Maria do you add water to it, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to or not? If so warm or cold water/ how much?
BTW went to P@H and they have big bags of royal canine medium junior buy one get one free until Thursday- so got what seems like a year's supply  :005:
cocker spaniels make everything ok

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 06:39:52 PM »
Yes you can add water to it, warm, not boiling, leave it for about 5 minutes, I put enough in just to cover it, I mix it though, one meal she gets soaked and another dry, just to keep her guessing.   ;)

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 10:02:46 AM »
I was unsure about this amount to at first it seems loads, and to be honest he's not eating that much maybe because he's only been here 3 days and there is too much to explore  ph34r
I fill out the full cup full in the morning and he's managing abut 3/4 of it by bed time, but have read that for the first few days they may go off their food.
Maria do you add water to it, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to or not? If so warm or cold water/ how much?
BTW went to P@H and they have big bags of royal canine medium junior buy one get one free until Thursday- so got what seems like a year's supply  :005:

oooooo im off to the reebok tomorrow for Lewis' school uniform so il call in! Cheers! The arden grange is quite a bit bigger so i was planning on keeping him on royal canin for the foreseeable future anyway! What size bag is it - the 4kg?

No iv not been adding water - and i have about the same left at night too, but he has been having his egg in the morning, so maybe its about right? He is still a chunky monkey  :luv: off to the vets later so il know his weight then.  :D

REUBY DOOO!