Author Topic: Wainwirghts any opinions please  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Worthy

• Site Member
Wainwirghts any opinions please
« on: July 26, 2009, 05:16:47 PM »
Have bought a bag of the light variety today for Kasper. We have been struggling with his weight for a few months now and were feeding AG light up until now he has hardly lost any weight and his breath has been horrible (no signs of infection, I clean his teeth regularly and use plaque off), he just has not thrived on it.

Studied all the foods available in PAH this afternoon and choose this one as we have tried JWBL (he did not like) & Wafcol (sometimes hard to get hold of) in the past, I also plan to wean my American Bulldog puppy (now 25 weeks) onto this brand and with two mouths to feed and two varieties to buy at £30 per bag this seems enough to pay. Any opinions greatly appreciated, thanks in advance x

Offline mcphee

Re: Wainwirghts any opinions please
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 06:59:25 PM »
I think it is PAH own brand. I know nothing against it but I tried Rufus on the wet equivalent of Nature Diet, but it did not suit him.

Offline Worthy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 07:39:35 PM »
Did not know that ;) I saw their PAH offical brand, which I have to admit the ingredience also looked ok but did not realise that this was their brand too. Not that it matters as long as iti is not pumped full of rubbish.

Offline debsj

• Site Member
  • Max (aka Mud Magnet)
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 07:58:56 PM »
Hi, I feed Wainwights (Turkey & Brown Rice) to Dylan.  He a working type aged 21 months.
He's been this food for a good while now and it really suits him.  He had a couple of bouts of colitis as a very young puppy but he's been absolutely fine on Wainwrights, he looks fab and his coat is in excellent condition.  Personally, I cannot fault this brand of food.

Deb x

Offline Cockertime Blues

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 11:40:50 PM »
We've had our two (worker and worker/show x) on Wainwright's Turkey & Rice for 8 months and they're both fine on it.  Mollie has a cast iron stomach while Alfie is more sensitive, but they're both thriving.  I clipped the ingredients list from the bag to show a couple of friends who are far more expert than me and they both said it looked OK.  There's no rubbish in it.  I think Nicola said it was based on JWB but it's considerably cheaper.

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 06:33:58 AM »
mine were on wainrights for a while, they are on Arden Grange now, but are putting on weight (which Bruno needed) so i may have to put them back on it eventually, its hypoallergenic and not a bad price, some people dont like PAH but i find their Wainrights food suits my dogs
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 06:51:41 AM »
Mille and Charlie have this too with no problems (not the light one though).

Millie

Offline julesph

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 01:27:53 PM »
Just thought I would add in here as I have just started using Wainwrights.  I usually feed everyone Arden Grange as they adore it and it is brilliant quality food with decent ethics behind it.  However, I let myself almost run out (idiot) and didn't have time to order more so I have done a gentle swap to Wainwrights this week.  Hmmm.  No-one likes it as much and food is not devoured with as much gusto it doesn't smell anywhere near as good.  I did want to give it a go though.

Add to this that one of our Springers has now vomited his entire supper up TWICE   ::) when he ordinarily has a cast iron constitution and the picture from my household is not looking positive on the Wainwrights front!  This is when he is not even on full Wainwrights but a blend.  This is a shame as I thought it could be an emergency back up for when I inevitably run out of AG from time to time but I don't think it will work that way.

Something I have noticed with AG is that it seems to have porked out both Springies and also made the cockers a bit giddy but this may be because of my overfeeding.....they really need very little as it is such great quality grub.

Offline stormer

• Jovi and Alfie
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 01:56:50 PM »
hi my 2 have been on wainwrights for over a year now and they are fine on it , i can not fault it really xx
Angie..Jovi & Alfie xxx

Offline little_jack

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 06:49:33 PM »
Jack's on Wainwirghts and it really seems to suit him. Hes looking good on it. From what I can tell from the ingredients etc, I don't think its all that bad  :D