Author Topic: Windy Puppy!!  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
Windy Puppy!!
« on: April 21, 2010, 09:34:44 PM »
Sorry about the title ph34r

We have recently changed Alfie onto JWB Puppy and he is currently eating the turkey and rice. We changed him because it was much easier to get hold of than what he was previously on and his skin was becoming a bit flakey. Well, since going on it he has been well... windy ::) and it STINKS so this food clearly isnt doing him many favours. In fact, he just parped now whilst lying on my feet :wasntme:

His coat is sooo glossy since the change so my question is will changing the flavour of the food (e.g. to the fish one) maybe solve his gassy problem, could it be the turkey thats causing it?? Salmon and rice was the previous flavour of food and he had no problems with that.

If not, whats another decent puppy food you could recommend?

Any advice really appreciated,

Thank-you,

Emma and Windy Miller :shades: xxx
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
Re: Windy Puppy!!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 09:59:03 PM »
Fred was a little wind bag on this too- we changed the flavour but tbh it didnt really help much.  He is now on Arden Grange and although he still lets rip on occasion it isnt half as bad as it used to be.  Being B&W ticked he never seems to have a 'glossy' coat but it is lovely and soft/smooth on Arden Grange. (BTW he is on the lamb and rice variety as poultry doest 'agree' with him)
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 10:11:54 PM »
Which flavour of JWB did you change to?

Was thinking of Arden Grange too, thanks ;) :D xxx

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 10:13:18 PM »
We tried a couple of flavours both junior and adult but tbh I think JWB just ddnt agree with Fred- or my nose lol
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline Sheepscheeks

• Have to keep running or me feets will freeze!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 10:18:02 PM »
Freddie had absolutely awful wind when he was on kibble. What sorted him out was putting him on Natural Instinct raw food. We have no wind whatsoever now (from the dog anyway! :lol2:)
Paula & Freddie x

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 10:36:17 PM »
Freddie had absolutely awful wind when he was on kibble. What sorted him out was putting him on Natural Instinct raw food. We have no wind whatsoever now (from the dog anyway! :lol2:)

Similar situation with my two, Louis especially. They were both on Burns and we used to have to put up with a 19 guff salute at about 9.00pm each evening  :005: :005:

They now have Burns in the morning and Natural Instinct raw food in the evening and the air is definitely a lot fresher :lol2:

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 11:10:46 PM »
Its a disgusting smell isnt it :020: you can always tell a dogs from a humans (well my brother gives good competition :lol2:) :005:. When Alfie let rip before he looked up at me with a surprised look on his face as though it was me >:( cheeky monkey!!!!

I think what we will do is buy a small bag of the ocean fish JWB and see if that makes any difference, as it could just be the poultry that doesnt agree. If that doesnt work probably go to AG. And if that doesnt, well we might just have to put up with the smell :005: xxx

Offline Sheepscheeks

• Have to keep running or me feets will freeze!
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 08:13:19 AM »
Don't rule out raw feeding - it has helped Freddie's tummy enormously. He also used to have awful sloppy poo but doesn't now - nice and firm and easy to pick up. I think things like charcoal biscuits might help wind too? I'm no expert at this dog lark, though! :D
Paula & Freddie x

Offline Sarah1985

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 10:59:54 AM »
I tired JWB and found changing the flavour of the food just changed he flavour of his farts  :005: I dont think it suits cocker spaniels very much as every other spanial owner ive spoken to has the same problem

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 05:17:52 PM »
I tired JWB and found changing the flavour of the food just changed he flavour of his farts  :005: I dont think it suits cocker spaniels very much as every other spanial owner ive spoken to has the same problem

:lol2: :lol2: oh great!!! AG it is then :005:.

Sheepscheeks- Yeah, we arent ruling it out but would prefer to feed kibble if we can. Obviously if none seems to suit it will be our only option ;).

One more question - he is 6 months old in 3 weeks which is when ive heard is when a lot of people switch their dogs to adult. Do you think it would be worth getting a 15kg bag of puppy food, or a smaller bag of puppy and a smaller bag of adult?? He still has probably a couple of weeks of his JWB left too.