Author Topic: Won't eat!  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
Re: Won't eat!
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 12:39:18 PM »
This must be a worry for your mum coralee  :o

Both of my girls go off their food when in season...so this could be another reason for Calle not eating  :-\

I would ask your mum to contact the rescue centre to find out how many days she was kennelled with the staffy, from this she may be able to work out if Calle was at her fertile time of the season.  :-\  Could be from days 7 - 16 approx.

If your mum is really concerned that Calle may be pregnant, perhaps it would be advisable to get her scanned  :-\  If she does have puppies it would be best to be prepared beforehand.  I will keep my fingers crossed that this isn't the case & its just Calle gone off her food temporarily.

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline black taz

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 01:12:57 PM »
have you tried soaking the food/adding fresh meat to it? 

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 05:11:05 PM »
When we got Maddie( she was 3) back in November she would not eat even though the breeder gave her the food. She would take treats just about, after about a week she starting taking small amount of kibble. It was all down to her new environment, once she started feeling relaxed she started to eat, now she eats for England  :005: :luv:

Good luck I'm sure its because everything is new   :luv:

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 06:21:53 PM »
I agree with Karma....find out if she is in pup and work from there.  Hope she is settling in anyway and that Mum is helped by her if only a little xx
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2010, 05:25:22 PM »
One thing that may help is if you can do some little one-and-a-quarter circles with your fingers all around her muzzle and also on her gums if she'll let you (wet your fingers if her mouth is dry, and if she wants to move her head around just move with her, you only need to do a few seconds of it at a time). Might sound bonkers but we use this loads with animals who aren't eating, esp in shelter situations, and it really can help. I worked with a cat last year who hadn't eaten or drunk (or toileted) for nearly 48 hours despite there being food right in front of him. A few mins of mouthwork (plus some other work) and he literally dived into his food bowl and scoffed the lot.

It might not work but you certainly won't do any harm by trying - if she is feeling anxious she may be holding lots of tension in her mouth (which might be why she's liking biting down on the pig's ear but not actually eating).
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk