Author Topic: eating  (Read 432 times)

Offline hollie

eating
« on: June 01, 2011, 11:49:37 PM »
Hi Hollie is now nearly 7 months blue roan up to now has always eaten her meals (Arden grange ) she is on two meals a day but the last couple of weeks is playing up with her food.I have been adding cheese, tin dog food etc to her dry food but she now wants something different on her food every time otherwise she will not eat it.Some people say that its OK to do this but i think it might not be such a good idea. Has anybody had a cocker like this if so what did you do. Would be gratefull for any advice in this subject.

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
Re: eating
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 07:32:55 AM »
Selby was about that age when he decided that he would choose what to eat ;) we went down the same avenue as yourselves trying fish mixed in a gravy but in the end I just gave in and he has raw meat, and we have never looked back, he is in his crate as soon as I have the bowl in my hand :005:  I think they know what they want and with a bit of luck have us trained in no time at all !!!

Offline hollie

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 08:28:51 PM »
Thank you for your advice, could you please tell me what raw meat you give and how much do you give also do you mix it with biscuits , as i have never had dealings with raw meat . Thank you

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 08:34:11 AM »
I give muscle meat and offal (Liver, Kidney, heart, lungs) tripe (green). If you check the site there is plenty of advice on here about raw feeding. Selby also has raw sardines, mackrel and sprats, also eggs about 3 times a week, with raw chicken wings about 3 times a week, but if you check the site you will find all the information you want.  Am sure others will be along if you are stuck, Selby is 11kgs so he has 230g per day.  in fact any meat but start off with a little of one kind so not to upset there tums, I personnally dont feed mince because I like to get his jaws working and his teeth kept clean.
Good luck :luv: Lynn x