Author Topic: Nature Diet going off...  (Read 2657 times)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Nature Diet going off...
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 06:28:11 PM »
I use Nature Diet once or twice a week for Rodaidh and Caoimhe when she's here, I have had blown packs in the past but haven't noticed any issues recently. I buy it locally and check the packs for air bubbles etc.

Think that is a good idea if you only use it a little   :D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline ria-and-baxter

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 06:39:22 PM »
Baxter has a mix of fish4dogs kibble and the puppy naturediet and I also give him the rabbit & turkey. He wolfs it all down like he's never been fed! I got a purple one recently (lamb?), which stank so I chucked it. It didn't look blown but the smell first thing in the morning definitely put me off my own breakfast! Didn't think to take it back, just decided I wouldn't try it again but will keep in mind in the future.

Interested re being hyper on it, anyone else feel it's contributed to an over wriggly cocker? Baxter is our first dog and we just assumed it was because he's a working cocker, when he's awake he's always on the go even with plenty of mental stimulation and physical exercise.

Thinking about going fully raw in any case, would be nice if he was a bit less wriggly now and then!

Offline cfordham2710

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 08:19:14 PM »

We had so many "off" ones that we stopped feeding it to Skye.  We spent more time going back to the shop and e-mailing Nature Diet than anything else!!

Offline HeatherandBenjy

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 08:57:36 PM »

We had so many "off" ones that we stopped feeding it to Skye.  We spent more time going back to the shop and e-mailing Nature Diet than anything else!!

Can I ask what you feed now please? :)
Heather, Buddy, Archie, Fizzy, Bruno and Amber!

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 05:21:47 PM »
I've fed our dogs on NatureDiet for many years and have had a few blown packs over that time, although not so many recently.

I always return them to the shop where I purchased them and have always had them replaced with no problem. It is rather a nuisance to have to take them back though; each time I swear to try another food but I do like NatureDiet and haven't really found anything else I prefer.
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline cfordham2710

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 04:22:23 PM »

Can I ask what you feed now please? :)

Ha, ha, ha, funny your should ask that!!  We changed her to Wainwrights which she absolutely adored, however,....... she got Pancreatitis over the New Year, spent 3 days in the vets intensive care unit and now has to have a no fat diet!!!!  Had to give her Wainwrights away!!!!   :012:

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 05:15:07 PM »
Brodie is now on Wainrights wet food and LOVES it too, I've never seen her like this over a food before :o

x In memory of Barney x