Author Topic: Stag bar  (Read 917 times)

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
Stag bar
« on: February 23, 2012, 03:00:45 PM »
Knowing that Cockers have the yaws of rotti's can't decided between medium or large who has already invested and what size?
Owned and trained by two mad cockers

Offline Dozy bird

• My beautiful babies
Re: Stag bar
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 03:26:04 PM »
Just had one delivered today! We went for the medium. I've just measured it for you - 23cm long, thick end 2.5cm across and the two thin ends are just over 1.5cm. As you can see she has been giving it a good chew already

Hope this helps

Offline wendyt

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 03:53:21 PM »
winewood
My 2 boys have the medium size stag bars, but here's where it gets tricky. I think the sizing goes off weight so they can be long like the one in Dozy birds's picture or they can be short, fat and stubby.

My 2 won't touch the short fat stubby ones, so I usually ring Puredog and ask if they will send me the longer ones when I place my order and they always pick me out the ones the boys like best.

Hope this helps.

Offline Dozy bird

• My beautiful babies
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 04:53:50 PM »
Ahh that's interesting Wendy and hadn't occurred to me, as she seems to really like the little "side bit" for a good gnaw! Was thinking of one to keep at grandmas as we always take something to keep her busy and this isn't messy (grandma doesn't do messy)
Thanks for the tip off  :005:

Offline wendyt

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 05:19:23 PM »
Dozy bird
The first ones I got for the boys were like the one you have in your pic which they really enjoyed, the second order came with the little fat ones and I tried everything they suggested to get them interested but no they wouldn't chew them. So I rang them and explained our situation and that's when they told me about the sizing.

I much prefer these as they aren't messy, but the boys really prefer venison shanks which are messy and really stink. ph34r 

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 06:36:10 PM »
OK so medium it is how long do they last the average cocker  :D
Thanks
Owned and trained by two mad cockers

Offline wendyt

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 07:17:49 PM »
winewood
It's hard to say really. Sometimes the boys will get through theirs in a couple of weeks other times they last longer it depends how often they have them, also my boys are quite heavy chewers too. >:( Your probably going to have to try one to see how it goes.

Offline Catie74

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 09:45:12 PM »
Archie is a big chewer.  He weighs 11kg and I got him the large.  He loves it and it is still going strong one month on.  I too phoned pure dog direct and they picked out a nice one for me.  I am going to get one for Ollie, my mums new cocker pup.  I will get the smallest one they do as he is only 9 weeks old but slowly eating his way through mums fingers  :005: :luv: