Author Topic: James Wellbeloved -changing recipe?  (Read 1529 times)

Offline woodlander

James Wellbeloved -changing recipe?
« on: March 19, 2012, 09:25:18 AM »
Went to buy our usual bag of JWB kibble yesterday which Sweep has been on since a pup and the assistant said was I aware that JWB were changing the recipe and adding more rice (other fillers) to the dry kibble.  Obviously not aware but if true then is this another brand of food that is maintaining the price by cutting the quality?  I dont have an old bag of JWB to compare etc. but wondered if any other COLer's had heard/noticed anything. 

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
Re: James Wellbeloved -changing recipe?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 09:31:23 AM »
You could e-mail JWB and then
let us know what they say ;)
steffxxx
That might be the push I need
to raw feed

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 10:40:19 AM »
Well, that would be typical!  I've just got Odie settled on the lamb and rice JWB too >:( 
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 10:47:10 AM »
oh Lesley before I actually
joined CoL and was struggling
with Ellie and her colitis and lack
of house-training I kept
searching the forum and it was
your posts about Odie all the time :D
steffxxx

Offline scotsclyde

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 10:56:51 AM »
I just googled it because I fed JWB too and my cocker puppy is doing well on it. There was also a rumour back in 2008 about it changing the recipe also from a pet shop assistant. Would just keep track of the percentages when you buy a new bag.

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 11:12:12 AM »
oh Lesley before I actually
joined CoL and was struggling
with Ellie and her colitis and lack
of house-training I kept
searching the forum and it was
your posts about Odie all the time :D
steffxxx

Please don't remind me of those dark (and messy) times :005: :005:

Think I will write down the percentages/info etc of my current bag to compare when I need a new one  :D
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 11:57:13 AM »
not sure how true this bit is, but I was told by an owner of a small independent shop that when a manufacturer changes the recipe, or the contents, or even the country it was made in, then they can continue to use the original packaging for up to two years, without having to declare the changes. ph34r
this is so that if they have the empty bags waiting to be used, and already printed, they do not have to waste more money changing it all!! >:(

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
  • Today I’m going to be a b****r
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 12:08:00 PM »
Just a thought..... mine are fed JWB which I normally buy online, but ran out and so I went to local pet shop run by biggish chain. The assistant there said she had just been on a nutrition course(supposedly to give the impression she was now fully trained nutrtionist!!) and they were told that JWB had changed the recipe and now wasn't as good as before. When I asked her where she had been on her course, it had been run by...................... a rival food co  :shades:

I still feed JWB but feed the fish and Veg. It is expensive but feed with Naturediet so it goes a long way.

I would contact JWB  ;)
Rosie Cassie Lucy Poppy and Holly My Angels at the Bridge

Offline Black Beauty & Silverfox

• Miya
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 03:01:11 PM »
Hi

Seems to be the norm now, we pay more for less! >:(

'Back in the day' I remember when a mars bar was so big it was quite impossible to finish the bar in one go!!  :005:

I have two bags of James Wellbeloved one fish and one lamb, the best before dates are both October and there are different levels of rice contains in each bag!!! >:D

Don't think this helps much, but I'm sure there are plenty quality brands out there!!!!

Mel.