Author Topic: Anti-gulp bowl  (Read 875 times)

Offline aljeana

• Mollie Magpie
Anti-gulp bowl
« on: July 18, 2012, 10:07:21 PM »
Hi have anyone got any feed back on the use of these bowls for reducing bloat

Jodie who is now 2yr old has problems with bloating due to health issues and whilst at the vets today we started to discuss how we can try and reduce the amount of air intake that Jodie is doing whilst eating.

Jodie has to have her bowl raised and has to have wet food so what the vet was wondering by using one of these type of bowls with the raised sections Jodie would be slower at eating and less chance she will gulp her food .( she thought we could try large stones in the bowl but thought not a good idea with wet food plus Jodie would go and bury them :005: )

Any feed back would be great thanks not sure Jodie will be that pleased tho  :lol2:
Aljeana & the Baddley Pack

Offline Neon

• Donator
Re: Anti-gulp bowl
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 12:04:51 AM »
I bought Toby one of these after he almost choked himself at 3 months old by eating too quickly.  To be honest, it didn't slow him down much and now, a year later, he still uses it but eats 100gms of moistened kibble in about 50 seconds!  So I don't rate them very much, unfortunately.  I hope you find something suitable for Jodie.

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/anti-gulp-bowl-58751?freeText=anti+gulp+bowl&msg=MSG_SEARCH_ONE_MATCHING_PRODUCT

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline aljeana

• Mollie Magpie
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 07:51:48 AM »
Thanks did look at these on-line just not sure what size to get as they all are quite different with the raised bumps and Jodie has quite a short square nose.

will have to give it a go tho

Aljeana
Aljeana & the Baddley Pack

Offline karendorman13

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 08:37:20 AM »
I seen this one last night don't know much about these ones. My Mum had the anti-gulp bowl for her dog it worked for him but he was a ridgeback so massive compared to a cocker.

http://www.animeddirect.co.uk/dogs/accessories/feeding/buster-dog-maze-food-bowl-beige.html

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 01:36:40 PM »
Jake who we rescued in November has always eaten very quickly, occasionally leading to him being sick immediately after he had finished his food.
We bought one of these (in the link) and it worked beautifully. It slowed him down 3 fold apart from the fact he became adept at tipping the bowl over, but even this meant he then had to pick the food off the floor. We used it for about 3 months and have now gone back to his ordinary bowl and he is fine
Good luck with finding something to helps Jodie
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline sarahm2008

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 06:05:36 PM »
I have just got one for my puppy as he wolfs his meals down in 30 seconds flat then gets hiccups and is almost sick!
It slowed him down quite a lot for a few days but now he is used to it he is still pretty quick and still gets the hiccups although he doesnt look like he is going to be sick!