Author Topic: Black pudding?  (Read 13926 times)

Offline jaybee

• Donator
Black pudding?
« on: July 27, 2012, 02:40:02 PM »
We've got friends staying tonight and I've brought all the stuff for a breakfast in the morning.
OH loves black pudding but I can't stand it. If there's any left over, is it ok for Bingley to eat?
If so, should I grill it before hand?

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Offline karendorman13

Re: Black pudding?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 02:47:01 PM »
I usually give my dog it cooked but I don't see a problem with him having it raw but my dog tends to get the left overs

Offline jaybee

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 03:03:51 PM »
Thanks Karen :D
Will try him in the morning. I thought it was already cooked so to speak, then you just fry it at home? I don't know, in no way am I a black pudding connoisseur!

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 06:44:54 PM »
Will try him in the morning. I thought it was already cooked so to speak, then you just fry it at home? I don't know, in no way am I a black pudding connoisseur!

You are right, it is cooked  ;) Love Black Pudding  :D

Offline Nicola81

• Dexter
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 08:35:43 PM »

I'm with you on that one Jen  :020: 

Couldn't think of anything worse!!!!!

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole"

Offline karendorman13

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 11:34:05 PM »
Our local pet shop sells little black pudding sausages and Bo loves them but I hate black pudding the OH loves it but the thought of it turns my stomach

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 01:53:46 PM »
Ooh I will put it on my shopping list!  I struggle with training treats with Jinley as she eats chicken etc as her main meals.  Black pudding might just be what I need.  Thanks for the tip. x

Pat

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 02:37:25 PM »
Left over black pudding given to the dogs Nooooooooooooo (only cos there is none left in this house they will only get some if it happens to fall on the floor   :005: )

We actually had a brunch today which was spinach with slice of black pudding on top and a poached egg on top of that - makes a good starter too  ;)

Offline Sula

• Raisin
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 04:42:24 PM »
Before I went to college many years ago I worked in a sausage making factory and was on the back shift. The last thing we did each night was make the black pudding.......... not something I would chose to eat now so I will say no more!

Offline HelenS

• Donator
  • Cupar
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 07:42:11 PM »
Never thought of using black pud as a treat.......great idea......will try some with fussy Cupar  ;)

Offline karendorman13

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 08:08:06 PM »
Well I done my OH some black pudding today and I offered Bo some but she would not eat it raw but when I cooked it, I don't even think it touched the sides and she was licking her lips for about 5 minutes and still looking for some more. So I think I will get some of the sausages from the pet shop next week-end

Offline jaybee

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 09:34:09 PM »
Went down an absolute treat here too!
He had it raw, absolutely loved it

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 03:05:45 AM »
Milly and I both LOVE black pudding :luv:...Dot hates it >:(.......All the more for us. :005:

Milly, a true Scottish cocker spaniel, is very partial to a bit of haggis as well. ;)

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 12:03:04 PM »
Having tried Jinley with it, I have found she prefers the cheaper black pudding rather than the more expensive peppery one which I tried first.

I will try popping it in the frying pan - I am having to flash fry her raw beef/lamb at the moment as she has gone through a phase of not wanting it completely raw!

Pat