Author Topic: I feel like a so bad,  (Read 1198 times)

Offline carol pearson

Re: I feel like a so bad,
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 04:32:35 PM »
Thanks Karma and Joules for your advice.

I understand what you are saying about including bone, if I go raw I would use mince that includes it.
The reason I thought about going raw is because I did not want to deprive Ozzy of what seems like the best diet
But I don't think I am confident enough I will stick to kibble (Wainrights) and cooked meat.

I am looking for a supplement to add to make sure he is getting all the nutrients he needs, do you have any advice.
I have looked at Keepers Mix but the only reviews I could find said the dogs would not eat food with this included.
Bionic Biotic by Pooch & Mutt seems to have really  good reviews.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 05:50:24 PM »
If you are feeding a good quality complete food - either kibble or wet food or a combination of both, then you do not need to add supplements.  Ozzy will get all he needs from the food  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline Catie74

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 10:37:40 PM »
Thank you Catie,

You have made my mind up, if I do go raw I will not give bones.

Can I ask what you feed Archie on and do you give any chews, I have been reading about bully sticks they seem to be the safest chew.

Sure, I give him The Natural Dog Food Company dried food.  I don't give chews but he loves his stag bars.  His is still going strong and had it about 6 months.  i can't give Archie raw at all.  He would love it but it goes straight through him and he is sick