Author Topic: Lactol for pup  (Read 448 times)

Offline Lovely

Lactol for pup
« on: November 22, 2012, 07:36:30 PM »
Hi does anyone else give their pup lactol in addition to their other food? My 14 wk pup has nature diet and beta puppy, i have just continued with this from her breeder and she seems to be doing well on it. However, i also give her two scoops of lactol a day mixed in with her food and some water. She loves it. To be honest i first started doing it because she would occasionally have a hopeful root around Spud looking for his non existent teets, much to his horror! I thought she might be missing milk so hence the lactol. Is this ok?
Ali

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
Re: Lactol for pup
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 08:27:43 PM »
My last cocker, Sophie, loved lactol and had it from being a puppy until she was 14 years old (when we sadly lost her).  Her 'Granny' only lived up the road so Sophie visited often and she used to keep a tin at her house and gave her a bowl of it every time she visited, and I used to also give her some regularly.  The only reason Ellie doesn't have it is that she refused to touch it when she was offered it.

It certainly didn't do Sophie any harm.

Offline Lovely

Re: Lactol for pup
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 06:04:36 AM »
Oh that's good, she loves it and i don't fancy seeing her unhappy little face if she didn't have it anymore. I think i spend more on her food than mine!
Ali