Author Topic: MT Rescue Callie has joined our home...  (Read 2099 times)

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
MT Rescue Callie has joined our home...
« on: September 01, 2018, 05:51:23 PM »
So 6 months ago we drove over 500 miles there and back to Many Tears, Wales to rescue this little blue roan Cocker who MT had called 'California'. She's an ex breeder from Ireland. Never known any love, never lived in a house, never been on a lead. Poor little thing had a very sore red tummy where she had to lay in urine (prior to being rescued).  She's supposed to be 2, though after seeing how she is and mouthing etc we think she is definitely younger. We don't know how many litters she has had either. She's extremely friendly and just wants to sit or be held by you - she just craves love and attention!  She was extremely tiny weighing only 7.2k and we could join our hands round her waist! She was skin and bone!  Now 6 months later she is just over 9kg putting on weight nice and steadily.  We think she also used to eat dirt to supplement what little food she had as she keeps eating the dirt from outside and from my houseplants.  She has been beaten/threatened as eg my OH accidently trod on her foot and she ran away cowering from him and when he lifted a an umbrella she cowered in fright and wet herself.  She has really funny ways and more and more her little character is coming out. She didn't know how to play and has started to play ball and will go after the ball and bring it back but wants to bury the ball. She has taken a big interest in a fluffy toy hippo and likes to put it in her bed.  She has begun to do zoomies and has perfected the cocker 'woo-wooing' now.   Her coat has thickened and is growing nicely.  Mollie has now accepted her and is tolerating her more - the 'handbags at dawn' are less frequent.  She is such a happy, loving little thing, I can't believe how anyone could hurt her.  Meet Callie!

At Many Tears

In the bath

NOW

Offline linda c

Re: MT Rescue Callie has joined our home...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 06:49:32 PM »
 :luv: What a fabulous girl Callie has turned into with all your love and patience. She had such an awful start in life but you’ve shown her nothing but kindness patience and love slowly  building her confidence to trust you.  :luv:
Well done, shows what can be done for these poor dogs  :clapping:

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 09:56:41 PM »
Beautiful girl  :luv:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 10:21:21 PM »
What a beautiful wee girl, how could anyone hurt her  :huh:. Lovely to hear how she is coming out of her shell, and becoming one of the family and learning how to be a family dog  :luv: well done you

Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline Rhodri0311

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 12:55:47 AM »
Bless you and Callie  :luv:

I have tears in my eyes reading her story - how we can call ourselves a civilised society when people can treat another living being like that.

She’s beautiful and I hope you have many happy years together xx

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 09:21:28 AM »
Such a beautiful girl, inside and out  :luv: So happy for you all that the team effort has such an amazing outcome. I love the photo of them tucked up in bed.  :luv:  :luv:  :luv:  Heart melting ...

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 10:42:31 AM »
So heartwarming - what a lovely lady Callie is and so settled with her cocker friend
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 02:34:41 PM »
My goodness, what a difference! and what a wonderful reward for your kindness, patience and effort! 
Calli is truly beautiful. Thanks for your heartwarming update, I wish you both many years of love and happiness with Calli and Mollie.  :bigarmhug:

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2018, 09:46:44 PM »
Lucky little Callie  :luv: :luv: to have found you and a perfect new life after such a  dreadful start. Her coat looks gorgeous and she's obviously a much happier girlie now. Thank you for rescuing her.  :clapping:

Those awful Irish puppy farms  >:D >:D Why is no-one doing anything about them? It beggars belief in this day and age that some people think it's ok to treat beautiful defenceless animals in this way.
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline Issy

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 07:29:34 AM »
Callie is simply beautiful  :luv: 

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 03:50:44 PM »
What a beautiful dog  :luv: and well done/thank you to you for saving her from such a poor start in life. No animal should be allowed to go through the things this poor girl has had to experience.

I want to wish you all the luck for the future

Offline Andrea Ellie

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2018, 08:21:52 PM »
Beautiful girl Callie. So happy that you've now got a wonderful home and a loving family

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 08:04:07 AM »
Been on hols, so missed this, What a lovely little girl and so lucky to have found a loving home with you - she has lots of catching up to do, bless her.......and you
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.