Author Topic: Prescription only charges.  (Read 1552 times)

Offline ziglu

Prescription only charges.
« on: March 14, 2020, 08:57:55 PM »
Hi all we have been using Advocate for many years for our Cocker and pay around £70 for 3 pipettes. I can get twice the amount online for around £24  I am just wondering if any owners have asked their vets for a prescription only so they could buy the medication elsewhere, where they are not going to get ripped off and what sort of price you have been charged. 

Offline Mari

• Site Member
Re: Prescription only charges.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 10:08:03 AM »
No harm in asking at least. Here in Norway vets do not sell medication anymore, so you have to buy everything like that at a pharmacy. Vets still have to charge a fee for writing the prescription, but they are usually good about writing the type of prescription you can use more than once so you only have to get one that will last the entire tick season.

Offline ziglu

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 11:34:21 AM »
I have just got a prescription from my vet for £12, so £12 + £24 for Advocate online against £71 form vet is a no brainer.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 04:46:57 PM »
Just so you know - your vet can write the prescription and make the charge but add repeat x 3 etc. -thats if they feel it is an item that is needed etc and a friendly vet
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline PennyB

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 10:30:25 AM »
Mine charges 15 quid for prescription but I get 6 months worth so it is worth it even so
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Ambler54

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 07:17:37 PM »
I get a prescription for Rosies eye drops was going to ask the vet about it but the vet suggested it any way.£17 for the prescription but the eye cream is about 1/3 price on line.