Author Topic: eye bogeys  (Read 1958 times)

Offline picklesmum

• Site Member
eye bogeys
« on: April 14, 2004, 10:39:42 AM »
Hi there. Sorry about the description, but every morning Pickle has eye-bogeys - kind of gunky, white goo in the inside corner of his eyes. He occasionally gets it through the day as well. Is this anyhing to worry about? He has pretty much always had this, since we got him, and someone told me that it is just a spaniel thing. But I'm not sure - can anyone shed any light on this? His eyes look fine apart from that, although the inner rim of his lower lid sometimes looks a bit red (e.g. after digging on the beach)
Thanks in advance,
Emma and the bogey-eyed doggy xx                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
eye bogeys
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 12:30:01 PM »
Nothing to worry about - perfectly normal and it's a dog thing, not just spaniels. Just wipe it away.

If it seems excessive, or yellow, then get your vet to check there is no infection. :D                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
eye bogeys
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 02:49:04 PM »
Indie gest it too, and the vet said it's fine. I wipe his eyes every day, it doesn't seem to bother him.

Shona (LOL at your description, eye bogeys! :lol: )                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
eye bogeys
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 09:35:11 PM »
Hi Emma

Someone else who calls them 'Eye Bogeys' Yeh :lol:

Yep as everyone already has said, pretty much the norm.  But i tell you something, i can deal with most things, diarhoea, vom, crusty skin, etc.....BUT 'eye bogeys' make me heave :(  especially when they're wet :!:  :shock:  :(                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
eye bogeys
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 09:43:59 PM »
BUT 'eye bogeys' make me heave :(  especially when they're wet :!:  :shock:  :(

eeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuugh - to much information :D  :D  :D                    
Pam n the boys

Offline Tori

eye bogeys
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 10:05:10 PM »
BUT 'eye bogeys' make me heave :(  especially when they're wet :!:  :shock:  :(

eeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuugh - to much information :D  :D  :D

Yes.......But very true :D  :!:                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline picklesmum

• Site Member
eye bogeys
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 11:36:10 PM »
Hehehe! Such revolting little things, these eye-bogeys! And it is always ME that has to deal with them - hubbie doesn't even seem to notice. The worst time is first thing in the morning when Pickle comes up to say hello to me in bed. I'm half asleep, I get a big lick on my face, open my eyes, and there they are - bogeying away in front of me! Yuk, yuk, yuk! There's no need!
Emma and Pickle xx                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
eye bogeys
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 07:46:09 AM »
They don't bother me that much! Dallas gets an awful lot of it first thing in the morning - its not just contained in the corner, it's a huge blob covering half his eye :shock:  My stomach has had to adjust pretty sharpish :wink:  :lol:  I love it when they go crusty - picking it off with my fingernail is almost as good as chocolate :D                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
eye bogeys
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 08:22:40 AM »
I love it when they go crusty - picking it off with my fingernail is almost as good as chocolate

:lol:   :lol:   :lol:  That's cruel, Gill - you're just trying to put Pam off her breakfast.  Have to admit eye-bogeys don't really bother me whether their wet or crusty :lol: .                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
eye bogeys
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 09:03:15 AM »

:lol:   :lol:   :lol:  That's cruel, Gill - you're just trying to put Pam off her breakfast.   .

Shirley - you must have ESP coz I opened this just as I was biting into my toast :?  :roll:

And I'm very tempted to weild my big Moderator stick and lock this thread for being to yucky for words :lol:  :lol:  :lol:                    
Pam n the boys

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
eye bogeys
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2004, 10:02:49 AM »
They don't bother me that much! Dallas gets an awful lot of it first thing in the morning - its not just contained in the corner, it's a huge blob covering half his eye :shock:  My stomach has had to adjust pretty sharpish :wink:  :lol:  I love it when they go crusty - picking it off with my fingernail is almost as good as chocolate :D

EWWWWWW!

EW EW EW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Tori

eye bogeys
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2004, 10:11:32 PM »
 I love it when they go crusty - picking it off with my fingernail is almost as good as chocolate :D

Sorry doesn't come anywhere near chocolate :shock:

BUT must admitt can deal with crustys though, they're great to roll around in your fingers :lol:  8)  :lol:                    
Tori & Co x