Author Topic: Giro 2 Year Old Male @ Many Tears  (Read 1877 times)

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
Giro 2 Year Old Male @ Many Tears
« on: December 13, 2019, 02:19:31 PM »
https://www.manytearsrescue.org/display_mtar_dog.php?id=26360

21-10-19 Giro is such a handsome chap who has come to us from a breeder. Most of the time he is a happy little boy who likes to be fussed but sadly he has some possible neurological issues.  Firstly he will randomly start chomping his mouth like he is trying to chew. Vets and staff have checked multiple times and there is never anything in his mouth.  Giro also sometimes has a problem walking - he will take a few steps and then trip over his feet and is unable to coordinate his legs properly.
We are looking for a very special someone who is an experienced dog owner and willing to help Giro.  We will be happy to discuss his problem in more detail with any future adopter.
Giro can find new situations stressful so moving to a new home and traveling in a car might be a little overwhelming but we think he will settle once he has a routine.  He will need an adult only home and could live with gentle and kind dogs but we will also consider homing him as an only dog as long as the situation is right for Giro.  He will need to learn about house training etc but this will come with time, love and patience.  Giro has a passport.

05-11-19 UPDATE
I am so happy I get to work with this happy boy. Even with his wobbles and quirks he always has a happy smile for me and jumps at the door to his kennel to get his morning cuddles. He is friendly with everyone he meets and wags his tail very enthusiastically whenever he sees someone come up to him. Everyone at the centre has fallen in love with him, especially me!
As amazing as Giro is, he does have some issues. Previously mentioned we believe he has some neurological problems, which means he sometimes struggles with walking, when changing surfaces sometimes its confuses him and he stops in his tracks, but we can soon get him walking again with some encouragement or if hes walking with his doggy friends he soon remembers what he's doing. He seems to sometimes forget what he's supposed to do out on a walk but with another dog walking with him it does help a lot.
Giro also tends to have his up and down days, for days at a time he loves to go out and wants to walk for as long as he can and even run if hes really going for it but then he has days were he seems to be quieter and doesn't want to walk, so as long as someone understands that sometimes he just wants to snuggle most of the day i'm sure he would be fine.
He also tends to chew on his own lips at times and at thin air, there is no particular reason we have found why he does this but he isn't in any pain just seems to be a side effect. Sometimes we have also observed him barking and growling at certain objects that confuse him, like his water or food bowl, his bed or some bedding and this tends to be worse on his quieter days. I believe it's just confusing to him with new things so it's better to be aware when introducing him to things and if he starts barking at something just quietly remove it so it stops stressing him.
I believe Giro would benefit from walking with other dogs as he remembers what to do. But with living with another dog I think he would need to be with a very quiet and understanding dog, someone who isn't going to be too hyper and confuse him or aggressive towards him as this could really confuse and upset him, but he does enjoy company.
Personally I think he would be great as an only dog, as long as his humans are around most of the time as he loves the attention. He also loves being outside so I think someone with a larger secure garden would be wonderful for him as he can walk and run at his own pace. He is the most loving and amazing dog but he just needs an extra special home with someone who can give him a lot of time and attention and understand his quirks and wobbles but everyone who has met him has just fallen in love, so I'm sure once you meet him, you will too!

09-12-19 UPDATE

Giro may have issues, but he certainly makes up for it in smiles. He’s looking for a home that will understand his neurological problems and protect him from his demons. He’ll repay you with all the happiness you could dream of!

PLEASE NOTE: We nearly always home dogs who have come from breeders where there is ALREADY A RESIDENT DOG living in the house. They have usually never lived in a house before and are only used to canine company. They usually get their confidence and learn faster with another dog to copy from. This also helps with house training and learning how to walk on a lead. They will make lovely pets but do need a lot of love, time and patience. If the ex breeding dog you are interested in can be an only dog it will say so in its write up. Please read our information on ADOPTING EX-BREEDING DOGS before you apply.

Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo