Author Topic: Loving Forever home offered in Yorkshire  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Rossan

Loving Forever home offered in Yorkshire
« on: September 14, 2009, 07:34:30 AM »
Hi everyone

We are looking to offer a loving forever home to a cocker.  We have had 4 rescue cockers in the past, and sadly, our beloved katie black passed away 6 weeks ago at the grand age of 14 years and 8 months!  Quite an achievement for a girl no-one wanted at one year old?!!  We can offer lots of love, attention and committment and now only work part-time so are about quite a bit of the time.

Thanks

Elaine

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
Re: Loving Forever home offered in Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 12:26:30 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL. So sorry to hear about your beloved Katie, she reached a great age didn't she?
Are you looking for a show strain or working strain cocker? Any age, sex or colour? How far can you travel?
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 01:02:06 PM »
So sorry to hear about Katie, but what a good age she got to. :luv:

Congratulations on wanting to rehome another Cocker, there are plenty on the rescue pages here, you are probably best to contact the rescues, fill in an application and request a homecheck, then when your right dog comes along, you will be ready. :D

You can also try here too http://www.spanielrescuescotland.org/ there are sometimes Cockers up for rescue - I've just been fostering one for 5 weeks! ;)
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Rossan

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 05:49:54 PM »
Hi - and thanks for your kind thoughts.  We would like an active show type cocker, and whilst we think we would prefer a bitch, would certainly not rule out a dog (we've had both in the past). As for the colour, they all make us melt! but we have a definite soft spot for the black, black and tan, and golden!  We've registered an interest with 3 of the nearest Cocker Rescue centres to us, and 1 of these have said they will send us some paperwork to complete.  As for travelling - our first two black and tan rescue boys we collected from somewhere near Ross-On-Wye, so would consider travelling if everything else seemed right. 

Will keep you posted on events - and yes, you ae right - this site is addictive!!

Elaine (posting as Rossan)

Offline amanda9586

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 05:57:53 PM »
Hello and welcome,  :D

Good luck in your search for a rescue cocker - sounds like some little doggie is going to fall on their paws coming to live with you and your family.

Cant wait to hear all about it.

Amanda & Poppy x

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 05:59:03 PM »
Have you looked on the NESSR site.  They quite often have cockers.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline Rossan

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 07:50:29 PM »
Hi All!
Jus wanted to say that we have been adopted by an 8 month old black working cocker called Oscar!  He was offered for rehoming due to a pet allergy.  He is a bit of a handful at the moment, but absolutely gorgeous with a fabulous nature.  I will post some pictures when I can work out how to! 

Cheers
Elaine (posting as Rossan) now also Oscar's Mum!!

Offline suespaniel

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 08:51:43 PM »
 :blink: how lovely for you and Oscar where abouts in Yorkshire are you? Sue, owned by the adorable Archie!

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 08:59:07 PM »
Hi Elaine

Congratulations on your new arrival.  :D

Yes, you have got a cocker just at the teenage stage so if Oscar is anything like my Coco he will be a handful for a little while yet!  ::) :005:

You will have lots of fun with him though.  :luv:

Look forward to seeing some pics of your boy soon.  ;)

This thread will tell you how to post pics - it is really quite easy once you know how  ;)  :005:

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=15703.0
Julie and Watson