Author Topic: Salmon oil - do you add vitamin E supplement?  (Read 8106 times)

Offline HayleyJB

• Site Member
Re: Salmon oil - do you add vitamin E supplement?
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2013, 09:20:52 AM »
This is very confusing!  I have been giving my 2 Fish4Dogs Salmon Oil for the last 6 months too, also a couple of times a week they share a small tin of pilchards mixed in with their kibble (I skip the Salmon Oil on these days).  I must admit I don't give them the recommended amount, Molly, my Cocker, gets 1 teaspoon a day & Paige, my Lab/Collie cross gets 2 teaspoons whereas the recommended dose is 2 teaspoons for Molly & 3 for Paige.

So now I have to decide whether to carry on with the Salmon Oil but give them Vit E as well or do I just drop the Salmon Oil completely? 

I suppose one would hope their daily food (Arden Grange both wet & dry) would have all the Vitamins they need but I have always added a bit extra, ie, chopped chicken or the odd bit of fish to make it more "interesting" for them.

Now I wonder if I am only doing them harm rather than good?!
RIP Misty 09.04.90 - 26.03.05 & her daughter Jezzie 15.07.94 - 08.07.11 x

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
Re: Salmon oil - do you add vitamin E supplement?
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2013, 10:42:39 AM »
This is very confusing!  I have been giving my 2 Fish4Dogs Salmon Oil for the last 6 months too, also a couple of times a week they share a small tin of pilchards mixed in with their kibble (I skip the Salmon Oil on these days).  I must admit I don't give them the recommended amount, Molly, my Cocker, gets 1 teaspoon a day & Paige, my Lab/Collie cross gets 2 teaspoons whereas the recommended dose is 2 teaspoons for Molly & 3 for Paige.

So now I have to decide whether to carry on with the Salmon Oil but give them Vit E as well or do I just drop the Salmon Oil completely? 

I suppose one would hope their daily food (Arden Grange both wet & dry) would have all the Vitamins they need but I have always added a bit extra, ie, chopped chicken or the odd bit of fish to make it more "interesting" for them.

Now I wonder if I am only doing them harm rather than good?!

I know I am the same. I use kronch salmon oil that has vitamin E added so Im going to continue with it.
Also his food Eden has vit E added as well.
I am going to drop the extra oil ie the evening primrose oil for now though.
Riley gets 2 pumps of kronch each day, so about 8ml.