Author Topic: Help!  (Read 720 times)

Offline wayo47

Help!
« on: January 16, 2014, 09:12:46 PM »
Hi all
 We have had our lovely boy Harri for just over a week now and things are going great........busy busy busy but so worth it! :luv: have been reading some topics on this forum and some give their pups a frozen carrot to bite, Is Harri too young at 9 weeks to be given one?
Love this forum always great advice given! ;)

Offline Ldavies38

• Mum to Mae
Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 09:31:33 PM »
A frozen carrot is normally given for a teething pup. Teething starts at bout 4 months. No harm in doing it before though, but u will be glad of it by teething times comes.  :005:
First time cocker owner 🐶

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 11:24:43 PM »
I give mine raw carrots (not frozen and have done since about 12 weeks. He loves them, chews on them like a bone! Think they're good for teeth cleaning too  :blink: AND not many calories  ;)

Offline wayo47

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 08:33:31 AM »
Thank you for your replies! I was also wondering whether if I stuff his kong and plug it with peanut butter would it upset his tum? He is nearly 10 weeks now and poop is solid and seems happy on his kibble?

Offline mitches

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 08:58:59 AM »
Ive given Bailey a little bit of raw carrot since she was 10 weeks, she likes them and its nice to give a healthy treat instead of all the salty ones. Also given her a little bit of banana.
I like the idea of a frozen carrot for teething :)