Author Topic: Food again... Sorry  (Read 2243 times)

Offline Sue67

• Site Member
Food again... Sorry
« on: March 15, 2007, 05:20:38 PM »
I've just changed Indy onto JWB Junior - For 12/14kg adult weight, she should be on 225g a day which I split into 2 meals - Is this right?

It looks like a lot, and she doesn't always eat it all, she's a very greedy pooch, so this surprised me.  :o

Could she be having pedigree withdrawal? I given her this since we got her, it was what the breeder fed her, but having read the posts on here, and actually reading the ingredients list, I'm not giving her that rubbish any more.  >:D

I also give her chicken and pasta occasionally, instead of a JWB meal, the odd tin of pilchards, carrots and other veg, I don't know why, but I don't give her potatoes, have I read something on here about not giving them do dogs?  :-\

She has bits of fruit too, apple, pear and banana, but only very small pieces and only occasionally.

What else can she have to make meals more interesting? I know JWB is a good food but it looks mega boring and doesn't smell appetizing!  :-\

Offline kookie

• Site Member
Re: Food again... Sorry
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 05:27:28 PM »
as i understand it, most of JWB is wheat gluten free, (I may be wrong), but if it us, and then you give pasta as well, its going to undo the good that JWB does.
If this is the case, then maybe rice would be better than pasta.
Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 08:15:55 PM »
What about soaking the JWB in warm (not boiling) water for a while?  It will smell (stink) better if nothing else!  I softened Bens food when he had a throat problem and he found his food a lot more appealing  ;)

Offline amandaC

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 09:04:52 PM »
Try freeflow tripe from most large pet stores. They love it and it adds condition. It has no added nasties, also raw beef mice, raw egg or cooked chicken added to the dried food also helps it go down! The freeflow tripe is frozen minced tripe so I pour a small amount of hot water over it and it smells very beefy to say the least!!!! Hmmm enjoy!
Best wishes
Amanda
Amanda, Amber, Tallulah and Rubydoo x

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 09:33:49 PM »
I don't think dogs get bored eating the same thing like we do but I do try and give Coco a good mix of things.  She is on BARF though so gets all sorts of stuff.

I too would probably feed rice rather than pasta.  I give Coco any veg except potatoes or onions as these are bad for dogs.  I think most fruit is OK but not grapes.

She also has a raw egg a couple of times a week.  You could try some mince - beef, lamb or tripe are good.  Coco is not keen on raw turkey mince - think it is the slimy texture  ::)  Chicken wings (raw only) are also great - I bashed them with the rolling pin until I was confident Coco was crunching up the bones properly  ;)
Julie and Watson