Author Topic: Bit of a rant about Natural Instinct  (Read 3142 times)

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
Re: Bit of a rant about Natural Instinct
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 02:18:09 PM »
Sorry, this is slightly off topic but i was just reading this thread and decided to have a look on the natural instinct website.... i typed in 'naturalinstinct . co. uk' in the website box thingy and pressed enter and was rather shocked :o with what i found :lol2: ... please nobody do this, go through google, i definitely will next time ph34r :lol2:

Hope all of your orders get sorted out :blink: ;) xx
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 10:34:15 PM »
We've had troubles with items arriving via city link to but I'm undecided whether its the courier or PCWorld telling porkies
 >:D

Sorry, this is slightly off topic but i was just reading this thread and decided to have a look on the natural instinct website.... i typed in 'naturalinstinct . co. uk' in the website box thingy and pressed enter and was rather shocked :o with what i found :lol2: ... please nobody do this, go through google, i definitely will next time ph34r :lol2:

Woops!!  :005: I've had similar problems when typing in cockersonline in a rush  :005: te he

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 10:55:04 PM »
Yeeesss.....so you say!! ph34r :005:
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 11:44:14 PM »
Yeeesss.....so you say!! ph34r :005:

My thoughts exactly  :005:
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 11:02:14 AM »
Don't know if the recipe has changed for this food but Lyla is now sick every time she eats this and it is only ever the carrots that come back.....but exactly 8 hours after eating it she pukes.  She is on Kali's food at the moment and I will try again with the NI soon but I may have to try something else. :-\

Offline Mel

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 11:06:23 AM »
Yes Tali periodically goes off this. Mind you he generally has turkey but maybe the recipe has changed. I'm going to try him with more variety next time before I think of changing anything.

Free Cake!

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 11:10:04 AM »
I am thinking I may start making it up myself again. 

Offline Mel

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 11:14:24 AM »
I am thinking I may start making it up myself again. 

At least that way we are sure of what goes into the mix, not that I doubt their integrity but when a business expands too quickly, sometimes changes occur that wouldn't with a smaller business

Free Cake!

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 02:24:58 PM »
Pleased to say that it's third time lucky here :banana: and 20kg of Natural Instinct has just been delivered, still frozen, packaging only slightly damaged and (for the first time) a re-usable plastic lid.

I'm slightly disappointed though, because I thought NI might have added a few freebie treats or something to compensate for the delays, phone calls and emails, not to mention the efforts I had to make to dispose of the thawed out food that arrived just before Christmas in it's broken up and blood soaked packaging >:(

Sheryl, I haven't had any problems with NI food so far, even with William, who has a sensitive tum. They've had chicken, turkey, and chicken with lamb. This time it's chicken, which they haven't had for a couple of months. I'll let you know if William has any problems with it.

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2011, 03:09:38 PM »
I use the chicken and lamb but it is never the meat that comes back.....only the carrots!

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 10:24:23 PM »
Well I didn't get my order today  >:D They said they would send it yesterday.

If i'd known, I'd of gone to the meat wholesalers and got stuff to make up myself. Just don't want to by a load of stuff then find 40kg from them on my doorstep.

Does anyone else find it feels stickier, the last lot I had was, sort of stayed in a lump and you could'nt spread it around the bowl.
Ours ate it in one mouthful.  I have had a few carrots back as well Sheryl.

I think I preferred it when they first started doing it, the meat was in small pieces, not minced.

Don't know what to do.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 05:04:24 PM »
Well, have just sent off a complaint to NI - order arrived today and every one of the trays was smashed and unsealed.  Looking at the freezer burns on the meat makes me think it was frozen in this condition.  Part of me was thinking the food should be ok, but then I thought if anything else that I'd bought arrived like that I'd send it straight back.  Its the 2nd time I've sent them a note about broken trays, but this time they are so damage that I will have to put them into something else otherwise it will make an almighty mess.  Was quite lucky that they didn't defrost anyway as I think the delivery guy must have been a mouse, because 4 cockers sitting 4 metres from the front door didn't hear him knock, and I discovered the box on the front step when I went out to get the bin in.

So have sent them an email and also an equirey to Darlings to see if they will deliver up north.

Not quite as bad as you guys, but it is still disappointing as the dogs really like the food  >:(
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 05:16:39 PM »
I agree with Julie, it doesn't look as good being minced as it is.  I wish there was an alternative.

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 06:28:44 PM »
Was hoping they had everything sorted now. I'm running low now.
My last order was expecting 20 k [as they sent me twenty to tide me over eventually]
Didn't arrive on the day it should have. They traced it and said it was at Durham and would be delivered that day, and to let them know if anything was wrong. It came on the afternoon 50 kilos  :o  20 was still frozen, 20 thawed and more or less ready to eat, and the single box of 10 was fully thawed and dripping yuck. I rang them and they were very good, told me to throw it away, could put 8 k in the fridge as it would last 4 days, They did say they would send some one to pick it back up, but I said I would take it to the tip. Didn't want to waste it as the other 12 kilos I couldn't use, was defrosted but very cold and OK, so I cooked it  :lol2: [won't be doing that again  :020:] Would have been ok if I could have added onions to it  :lol2: So 10k was dumped. They offered to send me some more free of charge, but I refused [no where to put it lol] So I ended up with 60k of meat and only paid 72 pounds as it was on offer at the time I ordered it. I froze the cooked stuff and the dogs loved it.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline Sheepscheeks

• Have to keep running or me feets will freeze!
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 09:33:18 PM »

Does anyone else find it feels stickier, the last lot I had was, sort of stayed in a lump and you could'nt spread it around the bowl.
Ours ate it in one mouthful.  I have had a few carrots back as well Sheryl.

I think I preferred it when they first started doing it, the meat was in small pieces, not minced.

Don't know what to do.

You know, Freddie is not as enthusiastic about his chicken variety as he used to be. He does eat it but if he is at the other side of the kitchen when I put the bowl down, he just looks at it for a few seconds before wandering over. :huh:
Paula & Freddie x