Author Topic: Why Feed Raw  (Read 4051 times)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Why Feed Raw
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 11:49:23 AM »
Absolutely! I put as much thought into what Kali has as a raw feeder does over what they put into their dogs. In fact probably more because I only have one choice. :-\

Same. I can't feed Tilly a raw diet, I have done in the past but it doesn't work for her. There is literally only one food she can tolerate because of her IBD and that's Skinner's Field&Trial duck and rice kibble; I don't know why it works but it's the only one that works for her, she'd be dead by now if I hadn't found it and that's not an exaggeration - we tried everything from top quality kibbles to raw food to 8 different prescription diets to just cottage cheese and rice and she got sicker and sicker on all of them until I stumbled onto the Skinner's. I've read this article before and it's typical Daily Fail - spouting a load of biased, sensationalist rubbish. I give Rodaidh and Caoimhe raw elements in their diet, mostly to keep their teeth clean, but I don't feed a wholly raw diet and doubt if I would do so again, I have before and I didn't feel like it was the best diet for my dogs. Ironically enough though Tilly has the cleanest teeth of the 3 of them, she's never had a speck of tartar, and she's the one who's been on a kibble-only diet for the last 2 years :lol2:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 12:17:38 PM »
I haven't made a switch to raw despite considering it, Charlie is on wainwrights wet food, he has lovely teeth (I do clean them, but I'd clean them anyway), he doesn't have wind (unless he eats JWB kibble - in his treat ball) and he has no problems. I don't know if its worth fixing something that ain't broke.

One of the downsides to me feeding raw is that Charlie doesn't particularly like bones, he doesn't like working for his food - he'd rather starve. He's a bit 'odd' with his food.

However I'd like to switch him to part raw for variety occasionally.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 12:19:47 PM »
Having never fed a raw diet to any of the dogs we have had in the past, I looked into it briefly several years ago when our previous dog, Cassie, a Golden retriever, developed epilepsy.  It wasn't as widely used then, and OH and I decided that we really couldn't do it as we were living on our narrowboat at the time and didn't have enough fridge and freezer space to store raw food, and also no car to go and get more every few days.

Now Cassie has gone over the rainbow bridge and we have Ozzy!  I read the article in the Mail yesterday and it frightened me to death!  I immediately started looking into raw feeding, thinking that perhaps Cassie's epilepsy was caused by her kibble (horror of horrors - she was on Bakers at the time - we had no idea then how awful it was!!  We changed it quickly as soon as we did find out!)

Then I started reading the contents of all the threads on CoL that I could find, and now I am more confused than ever!  Some contributors on here say that there are good dried kibble foods out there,  but how do you know which are good and which are not?  And how do we know that the so called 'natural' and 'organic' ones really are!  

Ozzy is on Royal Canin at the moment - is that a good one or not?  HELP!!!!!    :dunno:

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 12:35:35 PM »

Have looked at raw feeding for  Dylan and jessie.  They were having raw chicken wings but  the last couple of times Dylan had a chicken wing he had the runs.   I recently moved him onto grain free Acana from Barking Heads.  Though his coat is good not sure about the rear end action ;) Poops firmer on the BH.  I think Jessie would be okay she has a stronger tum.   

Erica.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 01:08:24 PM »
I am a big fan of raw - once I had found out about it it just seemed the obvious and most natural way to feed.  Coco has been totally raw fed since she was about 9 months old and it really suits her.  When I first had her she had lots of upset tummies etc and since I changed, nothing like that  :D So, for her, it is the right thing.  

However, I appreciate it is not for everyone or every dog.  Nothing works for everyone and the important thing is to find what is right for your lifestyle and your dog.  There are plenty of good quality dog foods out there and so it is perfectly possible to feed your dog well without having to feed raw.  The issue I have is with some of the commercial foods which are full of nasties - low percentage of meat (about 4% in some of the biggest brands), very poor quality ingredients including real rubbish (eg feathers, beaks, cooking oil and the like), fillers - like excessive amounts of cereals etc, artificial flavourings, preservatives and sugars  >:D  It is really the poor quality of the most widely available pet food that is the problem rather than whether we feed raw or not.  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline Holly2009

• Inactive
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 01:16:41 PM »
I've never ever had any inclination to change to raw.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 01:18:30 PM »
I've never ever had any inclination to change to raw.
That is entirely up to you  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 01:33:09 PM »
It is really the poor quality of the most widely available pet food that is the problem rather than whether we feed raw or not.  ;)

I totally agree
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline maddycakes

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 01:45:27 PM »
After reading that article and having had a dog with epilepsy and frequent bouts of pancreatits I felt I had failed her by feeding her kibble, she always had top quality dog ie arden grange, JWB. Although I knew about Barf I did mention it to the vet and as expected were not overly keen on me feeding it, I wish I had tried her on it as you never know it may of helped.

I now feed Ruby JWB kibble in the morning and natural instinct at night. There is no right or wrong way just what you feel is the best thing for your dog.

Offline john51

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 01:46:48 PM »
I think most of the contributors have realised the problems with the article so I'll focus on piph's post. First of all the article shouldn't scare anyone to death. It's poor quality journalism and should not be treated as having any scientific credibility at all. I know the Mail doesn't claim to be Nature but it's not good even for the Mail.

Secondly, as is often the case, there is some truth in the article even though it's all re-hashed and been done before. The truth (in my opinion) is that there are some poor quality dog foods out there and most of them can be easily spotted. They're the ones with high levels of lower quality grain, and/or low quality proteins and fats based on leftovers from other parts of the food industry, and/or questionable additives.

There is no evidence that I have seen (and that article doesn't count) that says even the cheaper processed dog foods are responsible for death or ill-health of significant numbers of dogs. I would however guess that it is more likely that dogs are surviving rather than thriving as they should do on a better food. It also seems likely that they may have more allergies due to the type of ingredients found.

I do not however think that it is necessary to feed raw to avoid the supposed issues caused by poor food. That is not to say that feeding raw is a bad thing. There are plenty of people on here who believe it works for their dogs and I completely respect that. It may be better than feeding even a good quality kibble. I just don't know.

What I do (I think) know, is that there are some good quality dried and wet processed foods available and you will be doing well by your dog if you feed one of those.

Royal Canin to me is a low to medium range dog food. I wouldn't think you're exposing your dog to any of the (unproven) risks in the article if you feed that, assuming it suits the dog (eg no allergies to the ingredients). However I certainly wouldn't rate it as highest quality. It has maize, wheat, and sugar beet pulp as well as unspecified meat proteins and fats. It is also one of the companies that seems to put more emphasis on marketing - creating lots of different niche products - rather than producing a few high quality foods.

Interestingly there was an article in the Times recently which went along similar lines to the Mail article. This time it was the Lily's Kitchen founder who had the same revelation about poor quality foods which then drove her to invent her product line. This time it appeared that the solution to sick dogs was not to feed raw but to feed high quality, organic, processed foods!
Home of Lenny and the late, great, Dylan.

Offline praia

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 03:05:55 PM »
I feed raw, because I believe it is the ideal diet for dogs.  However, there are some individual dogs that simply don't do well on it and there dog owners that don't have the time to prepare it, the space to store it, or the means to source such a diet.  It is perfectly fine to feed kibble if that is what works best for your dog and for your individual circumstances. 

Instead of taking such a hard and extreme stance on this issue it would be better if this article offered alternative choices to your typical poor quality store bought (and even vet bought) kibbles and provided information so that consumers can make the best choice for their dogs.  Many people want to feed what they feel is best for their dogs, which is why so many uninformed people fall for all the advertising that poor quality dog foods blast at our faces every day.  If people were given the right information to make the right choices concerning dog kibble then I think a lot of dogs would be better off.

I do feed kibble every so often if it is more convenient for me.  Our kibble of choice is a high quality grain free brand, but our eldest dog does not do well on it at all.  He is fed a mid-grade kibble.  It's not really about finding the best dog food, but finding what works best for your dog.

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 03:28:52 PM »
i wonder if this will help this has not been put together by me

based the below information on a 15kg adult dog, living in a home environment with moderate activity levels, and all prices are approximate and based on purchasing the largest pack size available.

the information is from packet labels, websites and by contacting the manufacturers directly, and it’s as accurate as  can possibly make it – bare in mind that prices vary depending on where the food is purchased, and ingredients do change from time to time.

loosely grouped the foods into three colour coded groups.

Green – these are the dry foods that are consider to be of exceptional quality. They have a very high meat content and little or no grains.

Orange - these are “middle of the road” foods. The quality varies immensely within this group, but  feel they all offer a good quality basic diet for normal healthy dogs, with a decent meat content and reasonable ingredients.

Red – these foods are the ones that  feel are extremely poor, and that should be avoided. They tend to have either an inadequate meat content, too many cheap fillers, artificial additives, harmful chemicals, added sugar – or a mixture of all of those!

I MUST STRESS THIS IS MERELY AN OPINION, of course we won't all agree on what is a good food and what isn't. it has not been put  together  by a vet nor a canine nutritionist.

ACANA (grasslands variety)    (Green)

Price (13.5kg): £61.99
Suggested daily amount: 175g
Daily feeding cost: 80p

Ingredients: Fresh lamb meat, dried lamb meat, salmon, dried herring meat, russet potatoes, peas, chicken fat, sweet potato, fresh boneless walleye sun dried alfalfa, natural lamb flavor, deboned fresh duck, whole eggs, squash, turnip greens, tomatoes, carrots, apples, organic kelp, cranberries, blueberries, juniper berries, black currants, chicory root, licorice root, angelica, fenugreek, marigold flowers, fennel, peppermint leaves, chamomile flowers, lavender, summer savory, rosemary, lactobacillus acidophilus, enterococcus faecium.

ALPHA (maintenance, beef) ( Red)

Price (15kg): £12.45
Suggested daily amount: 280g
Daily feeding cost: 23p (Red)

Ingredients: Wheat, wheatfeed, beef meal, maize, fish meal, poultry fat, minerals, vitamins, preservatives.

APPLAWS (small/medium breed, chicken)  (Green)

Price (12.5kg): £44.99
Suggested daily amount: 165g
Daily feeding cost: 59p

Ingredients: Dry chicken meat, dry potato, poultry oil, fresh chicken, poultry gravy, salmon oil, beet pulp, dry whole eggs, cellulose plant fibre, brewers dried yeast, cranberry extract, yucca extract, citrus extract, rosemary oil extract, seaweed extract, chicory extract, suncured alfalfa extract, thyme extract, carrots, peppermint extract, rosehip extract, paprika extract, turmeric extract, carob extract, fennel extract, dandelion extract, oregano extract.

ARDEN GRANGE (lamb & rice) (Yellow)

Price (15kg): £30.33
Suggested daily amount: 230g
Daily feeding cost: 46p

Ingredients: Lamb meat meal (min 30%), rice (min 26%), maize, chicken fat, beet pulp, dried brewers yeast, egg powder, fish meal, linseed, fish oil, minerals, vitamins, nucleotides, prebiotic FOS, prebiotic MOS, cranberry extract, chondroitin sulphate, glucosamine sulphate, MSM, yucca extract.

AUTARKY (chicken with rice, vegetables & herbs) (Red)

Price (15kg): £18.99
Suggested daily amount: 300g
Daily feeding cost: 37p

Ingredients: Maize, chicken meat meal (28%), rice, chicken fat, carrot and green leaf veg, (min 4%), whole linseed, beet pulp, prairie meal, mixed herbs and spices, yucca, yeast

BAKERS COMPLETE (bacon, liver & vegetables) (Red)

Price 15kg: £28.60
Daily feeding cost: 57p

Ingredients: Cereals, meat and animal derivatives (min 4% fresh meat), vegetable protein extracts, oils and fats, derivatives of vegetable origin, various sugars, minerals, vegetables (min 4%), EC permitted additives and colourings

BARKING HEADS (''Good Hair Day'', lamb & rice) (Yellow)

Price (12kg): £37.88
Suggested daily amount: 200g
Daily feeding cost: 63p

Ingredients: Boneless lamb, dried lamb (total lamb 50%), brown rice, oats, barley, trout, lamb fat, natural flavours, lucerne, seaweed, tomato, glucosamine, chondroitin

BURGESS SUPADOG (sensitive, lamb & rice) (Yellow)

Price (12.5kg): £24.99
Suggested daily amount: 260g
Daily feeding cost: 52p

Ingredients: Lamb meal (26%), rice (26%), beet pulp, poultry fat, salt, vitamins.

BURNS (fish & rice) (yellow)

Price (15kg): £43.99
Daily feeding cost: 58p

Ingredients: Brown rice (min 63%), fish (min 18%), oats, peas, fish oil, sunflower oil, seaweed, minerals, vitamins.

CHAPPIE (original) (Red)

Price (15kg): £18.79
Suggested daily amount: 250g
Daily feeding cost: 31p

Ingredients: Cereals, derivatives of vegetable origin, meat and animal derivatives, oils and fats, minerals.

DR JOHN SILVER MEDAL (chicken) (Red)

Price (15kg): £9.50
Suggested daily amount: 290g
Daily feeding cost: 18p

Ingredients: Cereals, meat and animal derivatives, minerals, oils and fats, ECC additives.

EUKANUBA (medium breed, chicken) (Red)

Price (15kg): £48.99
Suggested daily amount: 150g
Daily feeding cost: 49p

Ingredients: Chicken (24%), maize, wheat, animal fat, sorghum, barley, poultry meal, dried beet pulp, chicken digest, dried whole egg, brewers dried yeast, potassium chloride, salt, sodium hexametaphosphate, fish oil, linseed, DL-methionine, EC permitted antioxidants

EUROPA (chicken & rice) (Yellow)

Price (15kg): £38
Suggested daily amount: 275g
Daily feeding cost: 70p

Ingredients: Rice (46%), poultry meal (20%), maize, chicken fat, brewers yeast, sugar beet, linseed, seaweed, sunflower oil, vitamins, minerals, yucca extract.

FISH 4 DOGS (finest fish) (Green)

Price (12kg): £48.50
Suggested daily amount: 205g
Daily feeding cost: 83p

Ingredients: Fresh fish (30.5%), potato (30.5%), herring meal (21%), salmon oil, beet fibre, brewers yeast, minerals, vitamins.

HARRINGTONS (turkey & vegetables) (Red)

Price (15kg): £23.57
Suggested daily amount: 350g
Daily feeding cost: 56p

Ingredients: Maize, turkey meat meal (min 14%), oats, meat meal, rice, peas (min 4%), beet pulp, poultry fat, digest, vitamins, minerals, linseed, kelp, yeast, citrus extract, yucca extract.

HILLS NATURES BEST (mini/medium breed, chicken) (Red)

Price (12kg): £42.99
Suggested daily amount: 220g
Daily feeding cost: 79p

Ingredients: Maize, poultry meal, corn gluten meal, animal fat, protein hydrolysate, brown rice, ground barley, wholegrain flakes, vegetable oil, dried beet pulp, dehydrated carrots, dehydrated peas, pulped tomatoes, spinach powder, fruit pulp of citrus fruits, pulped grapes, potassium citrate, linseed, l-lysine hydrochloride, calcium carbonate, sodium chloride, iron oxide, l-tryptophane, vitamins, trace elements, mixed tocopherols, citric acid, rosemary extract.

HILLS SCIENCE PLAN (medium breed, chicken) (Red)

Price (12kg): £39.99
Daily feeding cost: 66p

Ingredients: Chicken (min 20%), turkey (min 10%), maize, chicken meal, turkey meal, soybean meal, animal fat, maize gluten meal, digest, flaxseed, vegetable oil, salt, potassium citrate, L-lysine hydrochloride, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, taurine, L-tryptophan, vitamins, citric acid, mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract, trace elements.

IAMS (small/medium breed, chicken) (Red)

Price (15kg): £31.99
Daily feeding cost: 31p

Ingredients: Chicken (24%), maize, wheat, animal fat, poultry meal, sorghum, barley, dried beet pulp, chicken digest, fish meal, dried whole egg, brewers dried yeast, potassium chloride, sodium chloride, sodium hexametaphosphate, DL-methionine.

JAMES WELLBELOVED (turkey & rice) (yellow)

Price (15kg): £39.99
Suggested daily amount: 235g
Daily feeding cost: 63p

Ingredients: Rice (26%), turkey meat meal (26%), oats (19%) whole linseed, turkey gravy, turkey fat, sugar beet pulp, alfalfa, natural seaweed, chicory extract, sodium chloride, calcium carbonate, lysine, DL-methionine, yucca extract, threonine, JWB special ingredients.

LILYS KITCHEN (chicken & vegetable bake) (Yellow)

Price (7.5kg): £49.94
Daily feeding cost: £1.63

Ingredients: Fresh organic chicken (26%), rice, oats, barley, brown lentils, whole flaxseed, sunflower seeds, broccoli, carrot, parsnip, peas, spinach, curly kale, honey, herbs: golden rod, kelp, cleavers, nettles, rosehips, aniseed, marigold petals, milk thistle, dandelion root, burdock root, omega 3 and 6.

MILBURNS (chicken & rice) (Yellow)

Price (15kg): £32.99
Daily feeding cost: 64p

Ingredients: Rice (min 26%), poultry meal (min 26%), barley, oats, poultry fat, beet pulp, fish meal, brewers yeast, yucca, minerals, vitamins.

NATURAL DOG FOOD COMPANY (salmon & rice) (Yellow)

Price (15kg): £42.95
Daily feeding cost: 42p

Ingredients: Fresh salmon (min 24%), rice (24%), oats, dried salmon (min 13%), mixed vegetables (9%), herbs, barley, whole linseed, chicken oil, brewers yeast, sugar beet, seaweed.

ORIJEN (six fish) (Green)

Price (13.5kg): £64.99
Suggested daily amount: 175g
Daily feeding cost: 84p

Ingredients: Fresh salmon, salmon meal, herring meal, russet potato, fresh whitefish, sweet potato, peas, salmon oil, fresh walleye, fresh herring, alfalfa, fresh flounder, fresh lake trout, dehydrated kelp, pumpkin, carrots, spinach, turnip greens, apples, cranberries, saskatoon berries, black currants, choline chloride, psyllium, liquorice root, angelica root, fenugreek, marigold flowers, sweet fennel, peppermint leaf, chamomile flowers, dandelion, summer savory, rosemary, sea salt, vitamin supplements, mineral supplement, dried lactobacillus acidophilus product, dried enterococcus faecium fermentation product.

OMEGA MAINTENANCE FORMULA (for working & sporting dogs) (Red)

Price (15kg): £12.99
Daily feeding cost: 25p

Ingredients: Cereals, meat and animal derivatives, vegetable protein extracts, derivatives of vegetable origin, oils and fats, minerals, BHA, BHT.

PEDIGREE (beef, rice & vegetables) (Red)

Price (15kg): £27.55
Daily feeding cost: 36p

Ingredients: Cereals, meat and animal derivatives (min 4% beef), oils and fats, vegetable protein extracts, derivatives of vegetable origin, vegetables (min 4% carrots, min 4% green beans), minerals.

PURINA BETA (lamb & rice) (Red)

Price (15kg): £27.07
Daily feeding cost: 53p

Ingredients: Cereals (min 4% wholegrain, min 4% rice), meat and animal derivatives (min 4% lamb) vegetable protein extracts, oils and fats, derivatives of vegetable origin, minerals, vegetables (min 0.5% chicory).

PURINA PRO PLAN (chicken & rice) (Red)

Price (14kg): £44.80
Suggested daily amount: 280g
Daily feeding cost: 89p

Ingredients: Chicken, rice, maize, dehydrated poultry protein, maize gluten, wheat, animal fat, digest, beet pulp, fish oil, dried egg, yeast, calcium phosphate, potassium chloride, salt, calcium carbonate, minerals, natural extracts.

ROYAL CANIN (small breed, poultry) (Red)

Price (8kg): £30.99
Daily feeding cost: 96p

Ingredients: Rice, dehydrated poultry meat, maize flour, animal fats, vegetable protein, maize, maize gluten, hydrolysed animal proteins, vegetable fibres, beet pulp, minerals, vegetable oil, fish oil, yeast, fructo-oligo-saccharides, sodium polyphosphate, hydrolysed yeast extract, green tea and grape extracts, Dl-methionine, egg powder, hydrolysed crustaceans, L-tyrosine, L-carnitine, hydrolysed cartilage.

SAINSBURYS (beef, duck & vegetables) (Red)

Price (3kg): £2.99
Suggested daily amount: 230g
Daily feeding cost: 23p

Ingredients: Cereals, meat and animal derivatives (min 4% beef, min 4% duck) derivatives of vegetable origin, oils and fats, minerals, various sugars, vegetable protein extracts, vegetables (min 4%), yeast, EC permitted colourings and preservatives.

SIMPSONS (lamb & rice) (Yellow)

Price (15kg): £28.30
Suggested daily amount: 245g
Daily feeding cost: 46p

Ingredients: Lamb meal (min 27%), brown rice (min 26%), maize, oats, chicken fat, beet pulp, dried egg, chicken liver digest, brewers yeast, potato protein, salmon oil, minerals, linseed, vitamins, yucca extract, cranberries, mannanoligosaccharides, fructooligosacharides, nucleotides, glucosamine, MSM, chondroitin

SKINNERS (field and trial, duck & rice) ( Yellow)

Price (15kg): £19.99
Suggested daily amount: 190g
Daily feeding cost: 25p

Ingredients: Rice (40%), duck meat meal (20%), oats, peas, whole linseed, sunflower oil, sugar beet pulp, vitamins and minerals.

TASTE OF THE WILD (high prairie) ( Green)

Price (13.6kg): £47.99
Daily feeding cost: 70p

Ingredients: Bison, venison, dried lamb meat, dried chicken meat, eggs, sweet potatoes, peas, potatoes, canola oil, roasted bison, roasted venison, natural flavourings, tomatoes, ocean fish meal, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, dried fermentation products of enterococcus faecium, lactobacillus acidophilus, lactobacillus casei and Lactobacillus plantarum, dried trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, quality vitamins, minerals, potassium iodide, manganous oxide, biotin, calcium pantothenate, sodium selenite, folic acid.

VETS KITCHEN (salmon & potato) ( Yellow)

Price (7.5kg): £29.99
Daily feeding cost: 81p

Ingredients: Fresh salmon (min 24%), potato (min 24%), salmon meal (min 15%), brown rice, sugar beet pulp, oats, salmon oil (3.7%), brewers yeast, poultry digest, chicken fat, pork digest, minerals, vitamins, dl-methionine, marigold flowers, carrot, apple, seaweed, nucleotides, fructooligosaccharides, mannanoligosaccharides, glucosamine, methylsulfonylmethane, chondroitin sulphat, yucca schidigera extract, mixed tocopherols, rosemary, l-carnitine and beta carotene.

VITALIN (maintenance, cereal free) ( Yellow)

Price (15kg): £36.49
Daily feeding cost: 60p

Ingredients: Chicken meal meat (min 26%), potato (min 26%), refined chicken fat, sugar beet pulp, peas, carrots, yeast, fish meal, minerals, vitamins, glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, yucca, prebiotic.

WAFCOL (salmon & potato) ( Yellow)

Price (15kg): £48.49
Daily feeding cost: 96p

Ingredients: Salmon (25%), potato (20%), potato starch, lupin, linseed, vegetable oil, seaweed, calcium carbonate, dicalcium phosphate, vitamins, trace elements.

WAGG (chicken & vegetables) ( Red)

Price (15kg): £9.99
Suggested daily amount: 400g
Daily feeding cost: 26p

Ingredients: Wheat, meat meal, wheat feed, maize, poultry fat, digest, rice, beet pulp, chicken meat meal (min 4%), linseed, peas, carrots, lucerne, minerals, yeast, citrus extract, yucca extract.

WAINWRIGHTS (turkey & rice) (Yellow)

Price (15kg): £33.49
Daily feeding cost: 55p

Ingredients: Turkey meat meal (min 26%), rice (min 40%), whole grain barley, potato protein, refined poultry oil, whole linseed, sugar beet pulp, poultry digest, alfalfa, monosodium phosphate, natural seawood, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, methionine, marigold extract, yucca extract, rosemary extract.

WHITES (chicken & rice) ( Yellow)

Price (15kg): £32.99
Daily feeding cost: 54p

Ingredients: Chicken (26%), rice (26%), barley, poultry fat, sugar beet pulp, fish meal, brewers yeast, yucca extract, minerals, vitamins, omega 3.

WINALOT (beef, rice & vegetables) (Red)

Price (15kg): £22.95
Suggested daily amount: 310g
Daily feeding cost: 47p

Ingredients: Cereals, meat and animal derivatives (min 4% beef) vegetable protein extracts, derivatives of vegetable origin, oils and fats, minerals, vegetables (min 4% green vegetables, min 4% carrots), EC permitted additives and colourings.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 03:59:12 PM »
Pudding if the above has been copied from another website can you attribute it to the original author please, thanks.

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 04:02:31 PM »
Pudding if the above has been copied from another website can you attribute it to the original author please, thanks.
it was posted in a forum...... not sure what attribute is..... you can delete if i have done something wrong

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 04:11:05 PM »
it was posted in a forum...... not sure what attribute is..... you can delete if i have done something wrong

It just means state who the author is and/or where you got it from. A lot of things like this may be copyrighted.