Author Topic: A daft BARF question  (Read 7143 times)

Penel

Re: A daft BARF question
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2006, 07:28:10 PM »
Lamb neck, lamb ribs, and breast of lamb, with the bones in it still - would be ok.

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2006, 09:22:19 PM »
If you don't want to give the fatty bits on the breast of lamb just use the bits with the bone in, not the end that has no bone just fat.  Lamb necks are also good, never tried lamb ribs.

When I went to mums earlier I was so jealous, she got hold of pigs trotters for her dogs, I want some for mine - they did look really disgusting though still had a lot of hair on.
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline Emz

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2006, 08:58:10 PM »
Poor Molly had always suffered with a terribly sensitive tum, she threw up her biscuits on a regular basis. She was not unwell, or underweight, just threw up every couple of days.. bless. She was a little better on wet food but her poops were awful and she generally smelt rather grim... both ends. I wasnt keen to continue with wet food as it's such low quality.
I have a vet friend, and bless him,  :angel: he went above and beyond trying to find the cause... she had allergy tests and x-rays but he couldnt find a thing wrong with her.

So we did lots of reading about barf and came up with a diet plan for Molly. That was only a month ago... and wow what a difference. She is healthy, and happy in every way.

I know that not everyone agrees with giving supplements but I do, however he wont get a deficiency overnight, so dont worry about it right now  :blink:

GOOD LUCK.. I am sure hhe will not only love it but will thrive on it too  :blink:

Penel

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2006, 09:29:41 PM »
Very pleased to read this Emz, sounds like Molly really suits her raw diet. :D