Author Topic: Gearing up to BARF but is this a bad reaction?  (Read 10647 times)

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
Re: Gearing up to BARF but is this a bad reaction?
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2006, 04:52:17 PM »
Claire - I do the bagging up and labelling thing as well but I have a list on the fridge door called "Beastie Girl's Dinners"  :lol: so that OH knows what to get out of the freezer. I bag it up according to the type of meat, so one with chicken, one with breast of lamb and one with mince (some of which has offal in as well), then I have a bag of freeflow tripe, a couple of blocks of rabbit (the AMP blocks) and of course the trusty tins of sardines in the larder. I rotate the chicken and lamb during the week, which is easy to remember (lamb on Tues & Thurs, chicken the rest), then at weekends it's a bit more free and easy, generally tripe or sardines or rabbit. And if we have a roast on Sunday then so does she (well, the meat, gravy and veg anyway) She has mince every night.

I was toying with one meal a day for Bella but in the end stuck to two, she gets her mains in the morning so that she can get a decent sized boney meal and then a spoonful of mince in the evenings, which is gone so fast you sometimes think you didn't actually put it in the bowl  :lol: but she REALLY looks forward to it nevertheless and will come and harrass me at 6pm sharp for it, so I'd feel like a mean mummy cutting it out...   ;)
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk