Author Topic: Multifunction Printer  (Read 2338 times)

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Multifunction Printer
« on: May 11, 2005, 12:32:13 PM »
We want to purchase an All-in-One printer/scanner/photocopier and have been advised that the Epsom Stylus is hard to beat for quality and the ink cartridges are very economical.  Has anyone got one and are they pleased with it?  I suppose they're cheaper to buy online but wondered about the back-up if it goes wrong :unsure:

Also, as our new PC is coming next week, we are thinking about putting our old one in my daughters room.  It'll be handy for her to chat and use the internet.  Only thing is the monitor is so bulky so we are thinking of getting her a new flatscreen monitor.  Don't want to pay much so any recommendations of a half decent one?

Thanks ;)
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Multifunction Printer
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 01:15:11 PM »
Hi Mary, they had a three in one in Asda yesterday, it was a Lexmark cost was £42 don't know if there any good though  :P
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Curtisio

• Site Member
Multifunction Printer
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 01:18:15 PM »
Mmm all-in-ones...

I always think good for space but what happens in one part breaks? you've lost the other two parts aswell, or if you ar lucky the printer and fax still work but then you end up with a separate scanner for instance...Just a thought :unsure:

I saw a RM (i think) in 17" TFT monitor in PC World for £180 last week..and they do a 15" in PC World for less than £100

It's a minefield :ph34r:
Paul - Kyro - Daisy & Cookie (cats)

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Multifunction Printer
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 01:26:34 PM »
We want to purchase an All-in-One printer/scanner/photocopier and have been advised that the Epsom Stylus is hard to beat for quality and the ink cartridges are very economical.  Has anyone got one and are they pleased with it?  I suppose they're cheaper to buy online but wondered about the back-up if it goes wrong :unsure:

Also, as our new PC is coming next week, we are thinking about putting our old one in my daughters room.  It'll be handy for her to chat and use the internet.  Only thing is the monitor is so bulky so we are thinking of getting her a new flatscreen monitor.  Don't want to pay much so any recommendations of a half decent one?

Thanks ;)
[snapback]125932[/snapback]

We bought MIL one for christmas last year, and it's already broken, personally I wouldn't advise them. I'd buy a cheap, simple one, and replace it if it breaks.

We have a dell flat screen, and have beendelighted with it, dabs.com sometimes have great deals on end ofline ones, they are worth a look.
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Multifunction Printer
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 01:36:09 PM »
I've got one - one of those HP £70 ones. I bought it in February, and havent used it once (I do all my printing/scanning/photocopying at work!). So sorry no help. It looks nice though ;o)

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Multifunction Printer
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 01:57:22 PM »
I've got one - one of those HP £70 ones. I bought it in February, and havent used it once (I do all my printing/scanning/photocopying at work!). So sorry no help. It looks nice though ;o)
[snapback]125950[/snapback]

:lol:  That's probably what will happen to ours :rolleyes:

I know it won't get used a great deal and tbh, they are so reasonably priced that I'm not too worried.  Same applies about if it goes wrong.  Unfortunately we live in a disposable society these days :rolleyes:

I do my printing and photocopying at work but as Jim finishes work Friday we really need something for his convenience at home ;)

Mary & Lottie x

Offline daunting

• Site Member
Multifunction Printer
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 02:20:37 PM »
I had an Epson - never worked properly  <_<
Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Multifunction Printer
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 02:44:10 PM »
I had an Epson - never worked properly  <_<
[snapback]125965[/snapback]

Oh :(  :blink:

Mary & Lottie x

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Multifunction Printer
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2005, 03:23:43 PM »
I wouldn't bother with a Lexmark the ink cartridges are really pricey. Not a fan of all in one anything tbh purely because theres more things to go wrong and you and up with a printer/fax/copier that only prints and does nothing else. Have you tried a Google search to see if any computer sites have tested any???

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Multifunction Printer
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2005, 04:02:30 PM »
I wouldn't bother with a Lexmark the ink cartridges are really pricey. Not a fan of all in one anything tbh purely because theres more things to go wrong and you and up with a printer/fax/copier that only prints and does nothing else. Have you tried a Google search to see if any computer sites have tested any???
[snapback]125984[/snapback]

I know what you mean Gilly, not something I'd usually go for either but as it won't have high usage and pretty reasonably priced anyway just thought it would be handy.  I haven't done a search but I was told it had a very good write-up.  Will do a search ;)
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Multifunction Printer
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2005, 04:06:43 PM »
I have an Epson Stylus CX6400, printer, scanner and photocopier, it's great, although quite big, but I do use it alot.  You can also get cheap compatible ink cartridges which is even better!

Offline kookie

• Site Member
Multifunction Printer
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2005, 04:51:22 PM »
I have an epson 830 (I think, it's on my desk downstairs) and an epson perfection scanner, which doubles as a photocopier when used with the printer. I get 2 colour and 2 black inks for a tenner from comp fairs. Mark has an epson c62 and it's the same price for his inks.
They are decent quality too, as I do lots of photo printing on mine.

I used to have a HP printer, but the inks cost a fortune.
If it broke down, I'd get another epson.
Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
Multifunction Printer
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2005, 10:49:27 PM »
Not sure about the printer, Ive got seperates but for a flat screen monitor I would have a look at ebuyer.com. They are usally very competitive and have a great range!

Janey