Author Topic: Software Wanted  (Read 1812 times)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Software Wanted
« on: October 22, 2005, 06:46:44 PM »
I have been searching for a while for a software application that catalogues Music CD's - as we have lots of compiliation albums and I can never find the tracks I'm looking for   :rolleyes:

I could write an Access D/B and input the infomation by hand  :huh:  - but i have looked online, there are loads of american based software applications available, for varying amounts of money, that do alot for the work for you! You can put in the barcode reference, or album title, and it downloads track details for the internet etc.

The problem is, these US applications don't work with UK barcodes/albums - and I can't find a company that produces a UK version  :(

Does anyone know of software that might suit me? I am also looking for book cataloguing software  - again, the US versions use US ISBN numbers, which are no good for UK published books  :rolleyes:

Thanks  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline paulb

• Site Member
    • http://barney.moonfruit.com
Software Wanted
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 08:26:03 AM »
cant you use i tunes?
not sure sorry :)
Barneys Website

With Best Wishes, Paulb, Evonne ,Ollie, Alice and of course the great Barney

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Software Wanted
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 01:04:38 PM »
We use itunes, but we get all our music online that way. It catalogues them automatically, windows media player might also help.
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Software Wanted
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 10:07:52 PM »
Thanks for the replies; I was offline so missed them  :rolleyes:

My problem is I dont want to digitise the CD's - just keep a catalogue of what discs we have, by which artists, containing which tracks  :rolleyes:   If I was in the USA, I would have a choice of about 30 different software applications that I could just type the barcode no into and all the info would populate from the internet; I just can't find a UK version  <_<

Unless I have missed a section of "itunes" (I don't have an i-pod, so its all a bit of a mystery  ;) ) - it seems to catalogue the music that I have on my hard drive; or have I totally missed the point...... :unsure:
Oldies Club

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Software Wanted
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 11:32:38 PM »
Music label 2006 could be what you are after.

If Im reading it right you insert your cd and it reads the info and stores it - without downloading the music.

http://www.codeaero.com/music-collection.html for a free 14 day trail which should give you long enough :) Also has help forums etc
Caroline and Alfie

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Software Wanted
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 11:54:28 PM »
This looks brilliant Caroline, thanks - I'll download the trial, and if it works, I might have to buy a copy; there is no way I'll get through all our CD's in 2 weeks   :rolleyes:
Oldies Club