Author Topic: Fuji Camera Software/ Memory Card Readers  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Fuji Camera Software/ Memory Card Readers
« on: May 27, 2006, 08:01:29 PM »

A couple of months ago I uninstalled my camera software from my laptop as it wasn't working properly - unfortunately I couldn't find the disc to re-install it again.  ph34r  I somehow managed to load photos since then but can't for the life of me remember how I did it. Today I've spent hours downloading USB Drivers from the Fuji site and fiddling around but to no avail.

Am I right in thinking I can buy a card reader to slot the memory card (camera uses Smart Media ) into and I can then load the photos onto the laptop using Irfanview, or other editing software ?

I'm on the verge of chucking the laptop, the camera and myself out the window if I can't sort this out.  >:(

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Re: Fuji Camera Software/ Memory Card Readers
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 08:15:44 PM »
Colin,  if you get a card reader then it should just load using windows - you don't need anything. I always use card readers to upload mine - never use the camera's usb ;)

If you want to have a go with one you're more than welcome to borrow one of mine. PM me if you do and I'll send it to you. Plug and play - a doddle.
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 09:02:20 PM »

Wahey - I've finally worked out how to do it.

Thanks for the offer Pam - I think I'll just buy a card reader, it sounds much less fiddly than having to link up my camera as it needs to go in a docking station too. Plug and play sounds good to me.

Right - I'm off to post pics of Jimmy looking like a daft eejit.  :lol:

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 09:35:38 AM »
A card reader is the way to go - only a couple of quid and will read most cards. I use mine for the phone as well as camera. One thing thats really great is my camera no longer eats batteries - use to discharge a set in a single download. £10 well spent :)
Caroline and Alfie

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 01:18:22 PM »
I have 3 Fuji cameras, but use my Epson PictureMate printer which has a card reader built in, like you say much easier than linking the camera and docking station up, plus I never use the Fuji picture editing software either.