Author Topic: Can anyone recommend a reliable internet service provider?  (Read 2226 times)

Offline hamfam

• Site Member
  • Lucy Blue roan beauty
Re: Can anyone recommend a reliable internet service provider?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 08:27:11 PM »
AOL use a unique internet browser and mail service which can cause compatibility problems with some internet sites and services although the majority should be ok, they have had problems in the past with their software not uninstalling cleanly but i have not heard of problems recently.

If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 07:54:34 AM »
You can always minimise the AOL browser and use IE or Firefox etc, usually without any problems - that's what I used to do as I wasn't keen on the AOL browser  ;)

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 11:42:42 AM »
We have just switched from Wanadoo to  BT. We had numerous problems with Wanadoo since they became orange. Over a ten month period we had no internet access for a total of 11 weeks. We tried to end our contract with them on the grounds that they were not providing the service we were paying for, this was after a second period of no internet access this tmie lasting 6 weeks. Their customer service was absolutely appalling. We had to pay them off in the end to end our contract and move to BT. Got our phone bill yesterday and we have £31 worth of calls on there to Wanadoo  >:D