Author Topic: what should she buy  (Read 873 times)

Offline lyn

• Site Member
what should she buy
« on: November 26, 2006, 01:42:28 PM »
my friend has a laptop but no internet connection.she has been told she can buy something that will let her use the net without a connection :o i have never heard of this before.so my question is....... is someone pulling her leg?

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Re: what should she buy
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 01:45:49 PM »
It may be a device which works the same as how some mobile phones connect, i do not now much more...maybe WAP?   can't recall, but i do not think its cheap !!

SOmeone will know more !
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 01:51:42 PM »
You can get a wireless connection

Hubby's wireless cost him £20.00 from PC world (but that's just the equipment and software for the lap top) but then that connects wireless to our home internet hub.

You can also connect to the internet in some hotels etc where there is wireless but I think you have to have your own ISP etc

Don't know if that helps you at all (We have just put OH lap top wireless so still learning)

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 03:16:31 PM »
My friend lives on a long boat and has recently (about 3 weeks ago) bought a laptop from PC World that will allow them to connect to the internet. It works a bit like WAP on a mobile. I think the laptop cost her about £800 though.