Author Topic: internet on mobile phone  (Read 1562 times)

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
internet on mobile phone
« on: April 26, 2007, 07:13:46 PM »
I've just see a Nokia N95 advertised on tv ...that you can get internet access on.

I am not at all techi and dont really understand mobiles either  :embarassed: ..only tend to use mine to text  :005: ...but when I'm away at dads I really miss being online ..get withdrawal symptoms  :005:

Anyone got an internet phone? ...how do they work ...how do you connect to the net?  Can you get onto the forum?

..sorry so many questions  ;)
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: internet on mobile phone
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 07:19:23 PM »
I have an internet phone for work, it's a nokia something or other and I HATE it! It is big, bulky and even though you can surf the web on it you can't get photos or anything. The only good thing about it is that I don't have to pay for it  :005: 

To get on the net the handset opens out and there's a screen on one side and a keyboard on the other, you basically select the internet option and then type in the website address you want. I can get onto col with it but it is very, very slow so I've only done it once or twice.

The model you're looking at is probably much better than mine which is part of a company mobile deal thingy but all in all I wouldn't be rushing out to get an internet phone again.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 08:50:03 PM »
I can get internet on my sony Errison.. The N95 does the same, but i have just switched from the N seris to Sony Erricson as it has so much software on it, Nokia struggled to be fast enough...

I use Vodafone and get free web browsing... its really easy when you know how and usefull if stuck somewhere and need some information.

I use it to get on COL in the Hair Dressers. HAHAA !!
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 08:56:33 PM »
...what model do you have Cathy?  ...does it work anywhere?
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 09:23:19 PM »
I used to use the internet on my phone to access COL whilst on my lunch, until I got my bill !!!!  :o It is very very expensive!  >:D

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 10:28:40 PM »
...have just looked at the cost of the N95  :o ..perhaps not then  ::)
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 10:31:01 PM »
...what model do you have Cathy?  ...does it work anywhere?

I now have a Sony Erricson K800i - Brown edition.

I used to be a Nokia Girl, the N95, does look fab, but i have been put off the N range..

As for cost, its worth checking what you pay for. I get browsing for free... ( I think)

I think it depends on the provider...

You can get the N95 on contract for about 35 a month.... with free mins and texts.... i think you have pay as you go, you will have to pay for browsing.. 

I am contract

CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 10:37:02 PM »
..thanks for the info Cathy  ;)
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 10:51:40 PM »
I'm on contract too, I pay around £30 per month contract but don't get free browsing which is a real pain  >:D

I'm with O2

Offline michaelp

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 01:41:48 PM »
It connects automatically when you try and access the internet, you then pay for the "data" that is transmitted (basically the information you send to the internet (not much) and the information you receive back (can be a *lot*, especially on a forum like this which is probably about 0.25 - 0.5 Mb a page)).

You might want to consider t-mobile's web'n'walk package, you pay an extra £7.50 a month for unlimited internet access (only browsing and emails, no using it as a modem for your computer though), although it is only really of value if you intend to use it more than just the odd 10 minutes every now and then.  Ask to demo it in-store.  To get a decent enough screen to browse the web, you have to compromise on phone size though - mine makes me all nostalgic for the 90s ;)

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 04:12:23 PM »
I also have Sony Ericson on Vodafone and find it really easy to use. Usually it's only to look something up on Yell.com or similar though. I used to be Nokia fan as well but they just haven't kept up with tecnology.

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007, 08:38:10 PM »
OH has a Nokia business phone which keeps saying he has messages when he doesn't >:(  We sent one phone back but now Orange won't send another as they say it is a Nokia software problem.  Wouldn't get another Nokia :-\
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline kookie

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 07:10:43 AM »
i have just got a nokia n95. I got it for the camera really.
Idont really know how all the bits and peices work ::)
Love from Karen and Livvy