Author Topic: Does anyone know?  (Read 2752 times)

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Does anyone know?
« on: May 13, 2008, 06:41:55 PM »
....if i can take a piccie off my desktop and put it back in My Pictures, or Photo Bucket.  :shades:

Like a pratt, i sent the original to the recycling bin :embarassed:

* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Re: Does anyone know?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 06:45:17 PM »

Go to the Recycle Bin, click on the photo once, then go to 'file' at the top of your screen and select 'restore' - it should go back to where you deleted it from.

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 06:48:03 PM »
Thanks Colin  ;)  BUT!! ive emptied the bin  ph34r :005: is there any other i can take it off my screen?
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 06:50:09 PM »
You could try right clicking on it and selecting 'send to' then select a destination from the options.

Edit - oh hang on , do you mean the pic is your desktop wallpaper ?

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 06:51:29 PM »
If you have emptied your recycle bin, my OH says the pic is still in computer as it is on your desktop. (he knows my IT skills so he put it in 'little' words!)
Apparently you need to go into the search facility and tell the computer to search for jpegs. It should then show you all that you have in the search results, one of which will be the desktop image.  You can then export it to 'my pics' and do with it as you wish.

Hope this helps
Sam
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 06:51:46 PM »
Yep!  ;)

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 06:52:33 PM »
If you have emptied your recycle bin, my OH says the pic is still in computer as it is on your desktop. (he knows my IT skills so he put it in 'little' words!)
Apparently you need to go into the search facility and tell the computer to search for jpegs. It should then show you all that you have in the search results, one of which will be the desktop image.  You can then export it to 'my pics' and do with it as you wish.

Hope this helps
Sam

Thanks Sam, will have a go  ;)

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 06:56:04 PM »
Or just go to the settings where you change your desktop and it should still be there, just right click and re save it ?

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 07:25:42 PM »

Any luck yet Barb ?

If all else fails I know an easy way that you can take a screengrab of it... but you'd have to temporarily move all you desktop icons somewhere else first.

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 07:40:32 PM »
Sorry for the delay in replying, i couldn't get back online  ph34r No luck Colin, in fact ive already removed all my icons, and havn't got a clue how i did it  :005: Now all i need to know is how to get them all back on again ph34r :005:

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 08:01:10 PM »
might be safer to stick it on remote access with someone you trust who knows how, I tend to make things worse not better.  Matt has taken my administrator privileges away because I kill things!!
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 08:05:40 PM »
might be safer to stick it on remote access with someone you trust who knows how, I tend to make things worse not better.  Matt has taken my administrator privileges away because I kill things!!

What a good idea  ;) i'm such a numpty were putors are concerned, i kill everything  :005:

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 08:06:28 PM »

I agree, OH is gonna sort it for her tomorrow when he gets home from work ;)

I've had a frantic phonecall from her :lol2:

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 08:10:55 PM »
Thanks Emma  :-*

I've had a frantic phonecall from her

Me frantic!  nah!  :005:

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 08:17:01 PM »

Me frantic!  nah!  :005:

:angel:  Ummmm frantic, probably the wrong word, how about hysterical :005: :-*