Author Topic: Everythings gone.....please help  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
Everythings gone.....please help
« on: January 31, 2009, 10:49:16 PM »
Logged on to the computer tonight and it took a while for my user id to load so i did Clrt - Alt - del to reboot it but nothing happened except a note saying unable to find profile.  Turned off by pressing the power button until it shut down and now when i log in everyhting personal in my profile has gone ALL my pictures!! many that i have no other copy off  >:D equipment data that i uploaded to use....ie my speed camera software.....everything......i'm so upset about the photos the most.... :'(

Can any one help baring in mind i'm rubbish with computers......please
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

QuietScribe

Re: Everythings gone.....please help
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 10:58:04 PM »
Did you reciently load on a new piece of software? plug in a new camera or something of the sort?  I did this on my desktop once, and it messed with one of my hard drives so that it didn't show up.  I had to reinstall the motherboard and drivers for that and that fixed it.

Other things you can try are the following:
1. Back up all the files on your computer at the moment
2. Do a system revert via the help section.  If this doesnt work, revert it back to the current position
3. Try using data retrieval software, you can find some free on www.download.com
4. If none of these works, and no one else has any ideas, you can find a computer shop and they should be able to retrieve the data for you.. for a price.

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 08:17:30 AM »
Sounds like the disk is unhappy. You may need expert help. :'(
Pm if you cannot find anyone near you.
Sarah Dyllan Tyke and Lance

www.brimbeck.co.uk

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 10:21:48 PM »
IT's all back!!!  :D

Thank you for your replies and PM's Special thanks to Sarah and Richard just so grateful to have my beloved photos back, going to back everything up on to memory stick  ;)
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx