Author Topic: Windows permissions help pls...am getting desperate  (Read 885 times)

Offline leisl

• Donator
  • Hi-Life PAT Dog of the Year!
    • Muppet - PAT Dog of the Year Winner 2010/2011
Windows permissions help pls...am getting desperate
« on: July 29, 2010, 10:19:25 PM »
I am trying to access a site that wants to install an add-on.  I say yes, pls install it and yet a keep getting a box pop up saying "windows has blocked this application as it cannot verify the publisher".

Try as I might I cannot seem to over ride this.  I have tried tools, internet options and changing security settings, I have tried adding it to trusted sites I have turned off my fire wall briefly and nothing will let me over ride it.  It is windows that's bolcking it not my anti virus.

Have a screen shot but obviously cannot post it in here.

Pls help.

Using vista, IE 8 (tried chrome and does the same thing.
Leisl, Muppet & Krumble
Orange ones are more juicy!!

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Re: Windows permissions help pls...am getting desperate
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 01:32:36 AM »
I obviously have no idea (numpty) but I have sent your message to OH at work and if he has time he will get back to me and I will post his reply. Hope he can help if no-one else can!!!

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Re: Windows permissions help pls...am getting desperate
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 01:36:32 AM »
This is his reply...

I'd need more details about the website and the add-on that is trying to install in order to assist the lady from COL. There is almost certainly something online somewhere that would give the answer, but the question needs to be more specific!  Will happily have a look at the screenshot later and see if I can figure it out