Author Topic: netbook or laptop?  (Read 1261 times)

Offline blueroangirl

• Site Member
  • R.I.P Sweep 21.2.2004-7.12.2013
netbook or laptop?
« on: December 22, 2010, 05:51:17 PM »
Undecided whether to treat myself. Don't use computer that much really just for browsing and forums like cockersonline. Like to be able use for itunes and store photos and type odd application for jobs as i'm currently on a temp contract. What would people recommend? 

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: netbook or laptop?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 07:29:38 PM »
I love my laptop, and I am really glad I did not go for a netbook.  OH bought himself a netbook, as it would be handy.  It is, but he only uses it occassionally, preferring the bigger screen and keyboard on the laptop.  Ps. it also meant that I was right!!  :005:

Offline black taz

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 07:54:31 PM »
Some staff at work had netbooks and didnt get on with them, mainly because the keys felt too small/too close

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 08:43:14 PM »
Both my kids have had netbooks - very portable, but the small screen got on their nerves and having to buy a separate cd/DVD drive meant they cost nearly as much as a slightly larger laptop :-\
They have been replaced with laptops.......... An expensive error :shades:

Offline jessandme

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »
I was thinking of getting a netbook, they are such neat little things.  But my son told me I'd regret it as I'd be completely dependent on external storage - I guess he is right....

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 10:36:02 PM »
I have both, but more often than not I use the netbook for general e mailing and browsing, COL and forums.

Although the screen is small etc. it is so light and portable and I've got used to it now and the

laptop feels heavy and cumbersome  :-\

Offline sparkylee

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 10:38:51 PM »
Laptop.

As others have said keyboard is much easier to use - but it also means you can run full versions of things like excel and word without jamming up the memory to the point where it crashes!

We have 3 laptops and 1 netbook - which rarely sees the light of day TBH.

Trish XxxX

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 11:07:06 PM »
We have both, Laptops for general use but OH mainly uses netbook to do his OU course when away from home, he uses a usb memory stick to store his work so easily able to put it on laptop at home. I also found the netbook fantastic when I was in hospital for a week with a wireless dongle I was able to stay in touch with home via web cam calls and still go online and check my emails and COL etc.

Offline curly_locks

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 11:15:39 AM »
My mum got a netbook for christmas last year, she loved it for about a week and then became frustrated with the small screen and how it slow it was to load anything, she stopped using it altogether within a few months and switched to her DH's laptop, I don't think he's too pleased :005:

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 05:12:57 PM »
I got my Laptop direct from Dell on a buy now pay in 12 months deal. Thay have good sales deals http://www1.euro.dell.com/uk/en/home/deals3/fs.aspx?refid=deals3&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1

Make sure you order before 31/12 though as VAT goes up then!

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 07:32:09 PM »

Same here have a Dell   laptop  could not manage with small keys.   

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 09:36:07 PM »
SO!! what did op go for in the end...or are u still pondering. I found the laptop good, but very heavy on the knees if you try to work on it for too long, also it can get rather warm whilst working in that position.

Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.