Author Topic: Heartbroken: We have been advised to euthanise Ludo. Please help.  (Read 9052 times)

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
Re: Heartbroken: We have been advised to euthanise Ludo. Please help.
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2019, 09:00:40 PM »
  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: so very sorry its such a hard time  :'(
Thinking of you and sending love xx

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2019, 01:55:42 PM »
So sorry, thinking of you and Ludo  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline annclare

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2019, 03:30:16 PM »
My heart breaks for you. xx

Offline rubyrules

• 0ur beautiful bundle of fun, R.I.P 30/5/2019
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2019, 10:25:49 PM »
Caty I am so sorry for you and know the heartbreak you are feeling letting Ludo go. A few days after Ruby was pts we got a card from the vet, who had cared for her all her life. He wrote the kindest words and ones I would like to share with you now. He thanked me for ending her suffering and pain and said I had shown that I was as much of a friend to her, as she had been to me all these years.
It doesn't make it better or bring her back, but I know he is right and it was the right thing to do, just as you have done for Ludo. We can take away their pain even though it breaks our heart to do so.
Sending you lots of healing thoughts, run free at the bridge Ludo xx
Ruby our 1st cocker baby 10/5/2008 - 30/5/2019. You gave us so much, we are so lucky to have shared our lives with you. Run free sweet girl,  until we hold you again  xx

Offline caty

• Site Member
  • Flyndo
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2019, 08:16:12 AM »
 :luv: thankyou all so much for your kind messages. It has taken me until now to be able to read them as I've found the past few weeks very difficult. In the end, we were all there. I took my girls along too and we all said goodbye. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do but it felt right. Flynn has been coping well. Some people told me littermates would die soon after but Flynn has been by my side and he has helped me through it. He has also been the most spoilt dog ever. Thankyou all so much for your support and kind words, it really means so much  :luv:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2019, 04:52:00 PM »
Hey there, I am so glad you were able to come back on and update us.  It is a very difficult call to make, but the key phrase for me in your message is that 'it felt right'.  It's good to hear that Flynn is coping well, some do, some don't. Lovely to hear from you, take care. xx

Offline PennyB

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2019, 08:24:33 PM »
So sorry to hear about Ludo. Its never easy. I find comfort in rainbows these days (because the day after one of my dogs was pts a rainbow appeared over my house and it just seemed to be a sign so every time one appears I imagine her sitting atop of it as happy as they come)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!