Author Topic: A new beginning  (Read 2926 times)

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
Re: A new beginning
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2014, 11:26:16 AM »
Just echoing everyone else. Such a shock for you. I hope everything works out for you.
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline Pop-Star

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2014, 12:46:43 PM »
Just echoing everyone else. Such a shock for you. I hope everything works out for you.
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Me too  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Janet & Poppy

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2014, 01:43:39 PM »
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: really sorry to hear your news, take care of yourself  :-*

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2014, 08:50:36 PM »
I am sorry, hang in there.   :bigarmhug:

Offline linda c

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2014, 09:14:26 PM »
Just caught up with this news   :'(  So sorry to hear this, hope things work out better for you and your family.  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2014, 10:21:55 PM »
So sorry to hear your news, hope things improve for you very soon  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2014, 11:25:36 AM »
So sorry to hear this - everything crossed for you.
I am a huge believer in fate and that things happen for a reason.  As you know, life has been difficult for us over the last several years.  However, no matter what life throws at us, we always manage to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and get on with things - whenever possible with a big laugh.
Take care of yourself, try not to jump into doing anything immediately as you can arrange some breathing space for yourself.  Maybe you can take a mortgage payment break for up to 3 months?  It is something we have had to do as Trev is unable to work at the moment and my wages do not cover the mortgage and the bills.  We have had to make the decision not to renew Suki's insurance as because of her age, we have to pay a lot more towards her vet's bills.  We are getting very good at making do and mending (as my mum used to say) and selling anything not nailed down on Ebay to stretch my wages a little. 
Try and keep positive - rant and rave on COL when you need to cos it really does help to have "cyber" support.  I have made some brilliant cyber friends on here (you know who you are!!!) who have truly helped when life really gets me down, but it WILL get better.

:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2014, 01:01:35 PM »
well said. there are many of us who have taken wage batterings for one reason or another.
 take alook round and see what is important to you and family. the rest can be jettisoned and recovered later. Priority must always be the rent or mortgage. I have robbed peter and paul to keep our heads up. we have never ever been able to claim any help other than jsa but made it through . the first redundancy is a real shocker   but its not the end of your  world. especially as we are all rooting for you  :bigarmhug:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Lottielove

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2014, 07:47:19 PM »
Sadly this isn't our first redundancy, DH has had a battering for about 5 years now which is why we have gradually eroded most of our savings - my job was always the safety net.
We're moving forward with putting the house on the market. Hopefully we can find something positive out of all this.

Offline Wenco18

• Donator
  • With Lottie and Lola in North Yorkshire
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2014, 08:23:07 PM »
So sorry to hear this news,  :-\  hope things work out for you  :bigarmhug:
Wendy, Lottie and Lola x

Lottie dob 26/04/09
Lola  dob  10/10/2011