Author Topic: Do your dogs know....................  (Read 4249 times)

Offline JenSam

• Site Member
Re: Do your dogs know....................
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 12:35:50 PM »
I think Sam does.  He goes over to his bowl, has a sniff and then looks at us, as if to say 'hey mum/dad, my bowl's empty'!!

He also knows what a tin of Tuna looks like and goes mental when I take one out of the cupboard!!   :005:
Dogs are natural optimists and believe if they stare hard enough and long enough, the icing on the cake could be theirs.

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 12:42:03 PM »
I was just thinking that if Kali gets fed an hour earlier in the morning (for whatever reason), she asks for her supper an hour earlier too.  Amazing really when you think of it.  They are so smart :blink:
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 01:30:21 PM »
The Muppeteers DEFINITELY know, although they do like to nag from two hours beforehand if you're around - endless looks and nudges, but when it gets to about 5 to 6 (they get fed at 6pm), they join forces and really come and harrass you.  :lol:
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2007, 01:36:13 PM »
Ours know roughly when feeding time is, but won't make a fuss about it. I hate it when dogs tell me when they want to eat... But if I totally forget and it is hours too late, one or two of them will get a bit more restless, the others don't seem to care and say nothing at all. But then again, they are used to variable times, so they never quite know when they get it anyway.

Vera
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk

Offline niqnet

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 05:50:32 PM »

YEP!  It's kinda annoying.  But then I guess, I get cranky when I'm hungry too!  :lol:
Nicole xxxx :-)

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2007, 06:32:35 PM »
But then I guess, I get cranky when I'm hungry too! 

I was just about to say the same thing.  I can't get annoyed with Kali for something I do myself. :005: :005:
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Steelygirl

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2007, 08:11:33 PM »
Oh yes, Fred also broings his lead to me when its walk time too....

Offline bigpud74

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2007, 08:17:32 PM »
Definitely Chewie knows. He gives me a 7am alarm call each morning and then starts banging on the cupboard door.
Chewie 14/07/2007

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2007, 11:04:42 PM »
Ben doesn't care when breakfast is which is good at weekends!  But his second meal during the working week is as soon as he is back from the afternoon walk  ;)  At weekends this could be 2 to 5pm  :'(  He doesn't make too much of a fuss but he is so used to a good dinner after the PM walk!

He also knows when it's 7pm as this is the time that it's cat time  :005:  I feed Ben and the two cats fresh chicken together hoping that they will all get on once the food has gone ............................ I'm still waiting!  BUT Ben and the boss cat seem to know when the chicken freebe is due and both with hassle me until I get on with the ritual ............. you could set your watch by them both  :lol:

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2007, 03:57:40 PM »
I haven't fed Charley at set times since he was a puppy.  He has Frolic for his basic diet and I keep his dish topped up.  He also has his treats: Bonio, Schmackos and those multi-coloured chews.  I also give him something that I have had for dinner in the evening, e.g. chicken, steak etc.

Charley is not overweight and is not food orientated, and I ascribe this to food being available 24/7 and he has no competition for food.

Offline janeg

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2007, 04:08:44 PM »
Both mine know when it is tea time, although luckily for me, breakfast time is when I surface (6am in the week - 8.30 ish at weekends).  The neighbours theme tune comes on and My lab sits in front of you drooling!! Have tried not having tele on but his body clock must just kick in.  Connie has now taken to doing the same thing and responds to the T time word like a mad banshee, much like the kids and the OH :005:  Jane, Connie and Charliex

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2007, 06:50:51 PM »
Definately  :D ...dins is about 5pm and from 4.30 I get pestered by both of them  :005: ...and again at 7 when they have their evening treat  :D
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"