Author Topic: Harringtons Dog Food  (Read 10100 times)

Offline tmcd

• Site Member
Harringtons Dog Food - trying this too
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 04:59:00 PM »
I am currently trying out Ted on this kibble too - Lamb and Rice - he really enjoys all food so I will monitor and see if there is any effects....either +ve or -ve to be honest. But I agree with all the comments made it appears to be good middle quality food, in these times of the credit crunch we all can do with a little help ::)

Oh and I found this in ASDA in 2Kg bags on special offer @ £1.65.....BARGAIN :shades:

Offline tmcd

• Site Member
Harringtons Dog Food
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2008, 04:32:33 PM »
Available in 2 + 5Kg bags in Turkey/Veg and Lamb/Rice as advertised on their website....
http://www.harringtonsdogfood.co.uk/products.aspx

Offline Vista

Re: Harringtons Dog Food
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 04:54:53 PM »
Still no reply from the company to my email and the phone number shown on their website is never answered.

I might ask my local Asda if they are selling Harrington's cheap because it's an end of line product and they won't be selling it for very much longer?

Offline biscuit

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 05:08:00 PM »
Seems strange that both asda and tesco have reduced it to £1.65.  Hope its not end of line.

Lynne
mollypooch

Offline ruth_2_hot

• Site Member
    • http://janandnoel.com
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 09:27:13 PM »
not the end of line , asda near me have now put it up to £3 60 , alfie and hunny have been on this for the past three weeks and no probs here , they both enjoy it and its easy to get hold off x

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 10:39:28 PM »
"Digest"  is poor quality leftovers of a mammal.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 10:45:27 PM »
Yep I feed Lems on Harringtons, He is on a part raw diet and has Harringtons for Tea, the Lamb and Rice and he is absolutely perfect on it, shinny coat, lovely teeth, too much plenty of energy poops are fine, I think its a really good food, Asda and Tesco have certain rights to sell it, and Asda are now stocking the larger bags aswell  :D

I had no trouble contacting Harringtons by email and they were so helpful with the information I had asked for and emailed me within 24 hours, and assured me that Asda and Tesco will always stock this food, I tried several foods and the Boy was never keen, but he does like this one and has been on it for about 4-5 months  :D

"My World is Orange" with a few blonde highlights
To the world my Cocker is just a dog, to me my Cocker is the World

Offline mcphee

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2009, 04:20:04 PM »
I researched it and read about it in the paper. I thought the contents were ok. It is a small family run business and has deals with only certain supermarkets. I get it from Tescos or Waitrose, but I saw it in asda last week for the first time, in a larger bag. Rufus has the turkey and rice for breakfast. He hates Burns,  and always has, whatever type I have bought and wasn't fussed about JWB. He has nature diet for tea. Harringtons is eaten straight away. His poo is regular and I never have runny poo. His anal glands have never needed attention. I also use oral care instead of nature diet sometimes. His coat is shiny and healthy. His behavioural issues are restricted to recall, so I do not think I can blame his food. Also, he hardly ever passes wind now! So I would recommend it, but all cockers are different. It isn't expensive either.

Offline hblower

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 11:18:51 AM »
I have just got a couple of bags of this from Tesco for Orin and was a bit concerned as like you say it was form Tesco and next to the Bakers etc and Orin is normally on JWB or burns etc or wainwrights as they have No e numbers no additives and no preservatives.  cardboard aas my OH says. 

however he has eaten it up, no smells, no change in behaviour, a little bit more energy maybe but then he has just got over a bad lip fold infection so poss a bit relived to get tht over with.  sleeping same and poos the same.

looks good and good price but we dont have an Asda near us for the bigger bags.  it smells nice too. 

will keep an eye on this thread an post if any change in anything.

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2009, 01:08:11 PM »
At first I was impressed with Harringtons (I had to buy some as i ran out on a Tuesday night and had to rush out to buy some food for them) but towards the end of the bag they both got very dry and crumbly poos

Offline september

• Site Member
  • Summer is for ball throwing!
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 04:01:31 PM »
I have been feeding Harringtons for a few months now.  Roxy was on JWB but Harringtons seemed to be good quality for a fraction of the price. I was paying £6 odd of JWB and Harringtons is £2.89 for same size bag and I can get it with my weekly shop so its much easier.

I haven't noticed any changes in Roxy at all, certianly not behaviour or coat, if anything her coat may be softer and shinier!

The only thing I have noted and not sure if it is a problem or not is that her poo is quite hard now.  We rotate between the lamb and the turkey and it is better on the turkey. With the lamb it gets very hard.  I still give her JWB pouches as a topper from time to time and she has tinned mackrell also from time to time with the kibble, this makes the poo better!

I'm happy with it though and will continue to feed it.

Not noticed it on offer though. If it is that would be good!!